Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kensei

Cyph at nightfall: Training Session with Kage Supreme

4 posts in this topic

Beads of perspiration trickled down the bare torso of the lightning shinobi despite the cool night air in the emptiness of the opening at the water fall, the light of the risen moon shone across the towering dark trees at a distance. The stars at a distance seemed to be reaching out to one another in code appearing glow ever so faintly from time to time. The silence here seemed overwhelming as even the rustling of the sleeping leaves played at a tone an untrained ear would hardly catch. The dark trees at a rocks throw away seemed to have endured the wicked nature of the earlier storm, as traces of fallen debris laid all around, the wraith of the storm revealing itself on the chipped armor of the trunk. Ken's whistling broke the silence as he played a somewhat melancholic tune as he moved and stretched his body. 

The earth beneath his feet was cold against his exposed toes as he planted them deeper into the rough earth curling dirt in-between his open toes, shifting his stance he slowly swayed his arms around him controlling his breath as he moved about. The rough weather had pushed the fertile ground up, the smell of fresh enriched land filled his nostrils with the essence of nature. Kensei had marked the boarders of his dirt arena around him as he stood within the square eyes closed, listening to the silence as it spoke in tongues. It had been a perilous day of training and his appetite for cold drink and indulgence had only grown further since his last put at the last sight of of the setting sun but he had not yet reached the completion of his training, and the night was still young. With every slow move came a stop, a low methodical chant under his breath of some sort before and after each breath. Exhaling his eyes broke open, revealing his red tired eyes, as he looked over the trees in front of him wondering to himself on the whereabouts of his teacher. Bringing his hands together at his chest he formed the Tiger handling his tune interrupted.

“I am a Weapon…I am a Shield… I am a Vessel…I am one with the force…I am one with the force…..”

He made his presence known in similar fashion to one who was untrained in doing so. Casually approaching the location where he was to meet his clansman, a dedicated shinobi with promise. An old acquaintance the Denkikage had come across in a past life, the son of an exile. The force had guided him to the boy that day, this much Nuitari knew. Even while at death's door, he helped the boy escape and finally find his place among the Kouga Manjidani. He saw little of the boy growing up, often times tending to his duties as the ambassador at the time. Now after all these years, the elder Kouga would get to see how far the young man had come. He chose not to done his armor, instead choosing to wear his typical casual garb of black jogging pants and black t-shirt. Khameleon, his rather impressive odachi, was tied to his waist like a samurai would tie a katana. He had no footwear, choosing to allow his feet to feel the earth below him. 

As he entered the area where he was to meet his protege, of sorts, he caught glimpse of said individual training. Knowing full well he would have been noticed by his aloof approach, Nuitari interrupted him by clearing his throat. "You are one with the force are you," he began as he continued his approach, "To truly be one with the force, you must be balanced. Well? Are you balanced, Kensei? Have you coped with your demons and embraced the light?" He broke off into a chuckle as he finished, taking time to marvel at the evening scenery. "You've come a long way, Ken. I believe after making it this far, you deserve to be the first I pass this jutsu on to. It was once something that was saved for only the Raikage, something like a symbol of office. But the Raikage are no more. With me starts something new and I want to ensure that all that follow me are equipped with all they need to conquer the enemy."

He paused only to reach up to his ear and grab a joint he had tucked away before continuing, "What was once a badge of office for the Raikage will be the symbol of power that all Lightning shinobi possess. I grant all those that are skilled enough to do so, to possess the gift of the Raikage. Starting with you, Kensei Kouga. I want to formally invite you to be the Captain of the Nanashi, the secret hand of the Denkikage. Unfortunately, to be a Nanashi means to be nobody. The silent saviors of Yamagakure. You may never speak a word of this group to anyone and kill any who breaks this code and expect the same for you should you break the vow. I offer this position because there none more qualified. Before we begin training, do you accept?"

The dim light of the moon over the opening of the woods gave way to the lurking shadows as the Lord of the lightning lands emerged from within. The slow approaching steps already catching his attentive ears, he turned his gaze towards his old acquaintance, his eyes fixing on the other mans stare. The older shinobi's eyes were still a looking glass into the past, to a time that had drifted from memory, a time of war, betrayal and deceit where the last hope of innocence in a dooming world was erased. Then to an awakening, a hunger for vengeance that remained insatiable, a time of blood. His eyes grew dark in this moment remembering the autracities he had once committed on his path, as he lowered his arms and bowed to the man before he spoke.

The denkikage wore a rather casual and informal attire, this was obviously a courtesy of trust he noted as he listened to the man speak, he closed his eyes as the words rang in his head. His teachings had driven him to disconnect from the attachments of the physical world, to be released from the pain and reach complete balance with the force- that in which makes everything what it is to be. He inhaled softly as he repeated within himself the mantra of the Kouga, once more extinguishing the fires of the bridges once burned and relit by the eyes of his oldest friend. 

He opened them and looked the man in the eyes once more before nodding."I will speak no false words to you,Lord. For I feel my path to the balance is still a longs way, but attainment is not far. I find comfort in knowing serving you and our village will only further my enlightenment." His gaze broke past his Kage to the trees behind, a flash of an old memory- the severing of heads and torturing of wind shinobi- struck a nerve as his right eye twitched slightly an expression that would otherwise be noticed by the prying eye. Dusting his black sweats off he nodded in acknowledgment of the technique being discussed. He had heard the rumblings of the jutsu before, priding himself in the history and knowledge of the proud lands in the Lightning and their techniques, he knew what was to come and understood the rite of passage being performed. The village was all.

His sullen eyes turned back to the man as he continued speaking. His eyes widen as he heard the man mention of a Nanashi, he had never heard of. Dropping to one knee he turned his head down to the ground below.

"Lord, such honor I do not believe I deserve. But questioning your judgement is an offense I am not ready to commit. I swear to you this oath of truer words. Be it on the blood we share, the village I have sworn my Odachi to protect, and on the force in which all things exist from, I accept this position as Captain and hope to be the hand that moves in the shadow, the sword in the dark....used as you best deem fit, and may the force guide us all into the light."

Nuitari sparked his joint as he watched Kensei make his oath, keeping his silence and remaining stoic. The man had a flare for the dramatic, but Nuitari knew this much about his comrade. He was, after all, the closest thing he had to a younger brother; given his died so many years ago. "Stand, fool," he said after Kensei finished, "We don't stand on formalities and as my clansman I already trust you with my life. This position is as much as a burden as it is an honor. You will need to do thing that may be difficult for one who has a moral compass, you must not have one. The Nanashi are an extension hand allowing me to reach throughout the land whenever deemed necessary. I make this clear to you now, because for what may come down the line will surely test your soul." 

The Denkikage took a few puffs from his joint allowing his words to hang in the air, before offering the joint to Kensei. "From here onward you are the Captain of the Nanashi. Your first task is to master this jutsu." Without further delay, Nuitari weaved three hand-signs at just enough of a speed so that Kensei could easily follow, or at least Nuitari assumed he could. Almost immediately after completing the third hand-sign, the Denkikage was engulfed in a radical aura of lightning and chakra. His short hair had risen from the static charge of the jutsu giving the Kage a rather intimidating appearance. Even his clothes seemed to dance in the flow of the technique, "A gift from the Raikage. I give to you, if you are capable of mastering such a feat." His loud voice roared over the sound of the Lightning Release Armour, deep as his voice was. Immediately, unsheathing his odachi and thrusting the sheathing into the ground so that it stood its full height next to Nuitari.

Khameleon almost appeared luminescent in the light of the moon, and as if it was willed by the Kage, the weather itself seemed to become more windy. It was fitting, given that Kage viewed himself as a coming storm that few truly could fathom. "The best one this Kouga teaches is through hands on means. The lesson starts now, clansman."

[WC Starts now I guess. We can wrap this up once your done or train any other jutsu you may want to learn from me while we are here.]