Tsunagari Setsu

Specialty Mastery

2 posts in this topic

So this is just a request to change the following wording in part 3 of the Specialties Systems thread, "Your proficiency in each specialty is determined by your tier of skill with it. There are ordinarily four tiers in total: Beginner, Novice, Adept and Advanced. However, you are allowed to 'Master' your primary specialty once you reach S-rank (and your secondary at X-rank), granting a unique perk and the ability to use high-level techniques." 

As it is now, it implies that a character MUST master the two first specialties they chose, which I find oddly restricting, as a character may change their interests over time. I suggest a word change from 'primary' to 'first' and 'secondary' to 'second'. Allowing characters to adjust their 'build' over time to reflect how they want to play their characters. As it is, I don't think there is a very good reason to keep it as is, but I could easily be wrong. Thanks guys :)

1 person likes this

Upon further consideration, we've decided to leave it as is. Your Primary specialty is that specialty your character is supposed to focus on and be best at. Your secondary is supposed to be the second specialty you're best at. I can understand wanting to switch it up along the way, but you receive your perk from your primary and it would make sense to master that specialty first, with the secondary following.

1 person likes this