Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mixoris

Trait System

3 posts in this topic

I think a Trait System would be cool. Basically a Trait System would be a section on the character sheet called Traits, which would cover characteristics or abilities that do not necessarily fit into other categories. Examples would bev "can breathe under water longer than the average human", "has reduced damage to fire release techniques on feet due to monk training of walking on hot stones", etc. Basically very specific things that aren't really caused by bloodlines or jutsu.

Modifications can also possibly fit into this system. I know Cross has mentioned to Suijin and the other admins questions about body modifications and what template it would fit under. So it is definitely a question. Whether or not this would be its own system or fit into this system if approved is up to the admins.

Just an idea.

7 hours ago, Mixoris said:

I know Cross has mentioned to Suijin and the other admins questions about body modifications and what template it would fit under.

Everything does not require a system, I am sure there is a way for Cross to fit his body modification idea and cohesion with the guides and rules we have. I'm more interested in seeing how members adapt their ideas to our systems rather than constantly request we add another or modify what we have in order to fit what they need for their character. If there is no way to do, then that is simply a feature that is currently unavailable until we (the staff) have come up with a way that works and doesn't overshadow any other aspect of the site. So unless Cross can come up with a way for this to work, and apply for it (it seems modification would probably go under the weaponry guide) then the answer is no. 

If its more organic body modification, I would hope that one would know that would fall under jutsu anyway.

Personally, from what I can tell, all the information needed to figure this out is already present. Just requires a little more creative thinking. 

1 person likes this