Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Taidana

Lets try to Nerf speed (Keyword : Trying)

3 posts in this topic

So, I was wondering, what system could possibly be put into place to prevent blitzing? Well, perhaps some sort of system which used "Momentum" or something to be put in place. According to the rules, people just immediately break into full speed without any build up. In reality, even the most skilled athletes have to at least get some kind of momentum propelling them before moving at their max speed. What about a system where characters gradually build up their speed?. I'll try to describe the system I envision below:

<-------------------------------------------------------------->

Let's make a theoretical character named "Subject" with 7 speed, and 7 strength. Subject wants to run 100M forward. So, he starts running. For the first 5 Meters, he runs at a modest speed of 1. The next 5 meters, his momentum allows him to run at a speed of 2. The next 5 meters, he can run at a speed of 4. Then after running 20 Meters in total, he can finally run at his max speed of seven until he reaches his destination. 

"Subjects" slashes/punches will be able to happen at his max speed/strength.

Basically, when someone starts running, they can only run at a speed of 1. Regardless of their speed stat. Then every five meters, their speed doubles. However, it cannot surpass their cap (In "Subjects" case, it is seven). Stuff like sidesteps can happen at 1/2 their max speed (Rounded Up).

<-------------------------------------------------------------->

Idk if this is good or not, just a random thought I had. What do you think?

(Try not to completely destroy me in the replies D:) 

I agree with you scientifically, but our characters live in a setting based off of the world of Naruto. As you can see from watching Naruto, characters could dash at one another at full speed without building momentum. So basing athleticism in a fictional world where people dash across multiple feet in one to a few seconds, and are super strong yet barely have any muscle mass might not necessarily be logical.

Edited by Mixoris