Soul

Member Opinions and Ideas

13 posts in this topic

I am creating this topic to give you all a chance to discuss questions, concerns and ideas you may have with me or another member of staff. In the next few weeks there are going to be a few changes to the site, including the stat systems, guides for various systems and how certain things are handled. The staff realizes that you, the members, are the life of the site though, and we would like to know what you guys feel and think about things before going into this. This is an open public forum where your ideas will be heard and discussed. As such we ask that you keep it professional and clean, this is not the place for name calling or trash talking. I want to hear from everyone, and we will do our best to provide the best answers. So please, let us know how you feel right now.

For the most part, I fully trust these changes will bring some amazing results capable of improving my experience while RPing, however, I do have one question: Could you go into emphasis as to what will change with the stats? 

I actually really like these changes, stats just mean that most creative ideas are just turned into stat boosters, this recent update looks like it'll fix that. I've just got four questions:

1) What was wrong with the level system in the first place?

2) How will attribute boosters going to be handled from now on? Will it literally just be 'Makes them move faster than normal' or something?

3) What's going to happen with all the levels and stuff other people have trained? Will they be given compensation?

4) What is the point of fighting styles? I've read the guide multiple times, yet I can't figure out what advantage they give over someone without one.

I'll probably get a lot more questions soon, so I'm sorry if I start spamming this topic ^.^

Dont worry about spamming this topic, thats what i want, i want to hear everything. Now to answer the questions.

3 minutes ago, Shinrai said:

1) What was wrong with the level system in the first place?

What level system are we speaking of?

3 minutes ago, Shinrai said:

2) How will attribute boosters going to be handled from now on? Will it literally just be 'Makes them move faster than normal' or something?

It was explained in the system, but boost are going to work the same way as the attribute, its going to go up by ranks. For example if you have a B rank jutsu that makes someone or something move faster, you will put in the description what rank the speed is moved up to. So maybe it will move at S rank speed for a few post. We are leaving these up to the description of each technique.

7 minutes ago, Shinrai said:

3) What's going to happen with all the levels and stuff other people have trained? Will they be given compensation?

Yes, over the next few weeks we are going to be compensating people based on what they already trained.

8 minutes ago, Shinrai said:

4) What is the point of fighting styles? I've read the guide multiple times, yet I can't figure out what advantage they give over someone without one.

They are extra abilties given to physical fighters. Before styles were just flavor that did not grant any ability. Now by gaining a style you will get extra abilities that grow over time as you rank up.

So I've stalked the things. Read them. Printed off a few screens and highlighted shiz. An update said the character sheet has been updated, however I don't notice any differences is what is linked to what is already on character sheets. So like, for those of us (me) that get a little lost trying to find things on the site when they are not in the immediate most recent featured on the side bar of the main page, if changes could be highlighted somehow for a while (or as they're made) it would be greatly appreciated. Especially considering I didn't really understand/have memorized the previous state of affairs.

Now questions.

-As far as updating characters, specifically in regard to changing things like specialties and attributes, to what date will that last? Is there an approval process for these changes? 

-How are trainings going to work now? Is there any use to them now? Will you still be able to level things like strength and endurance with them? Actually, how do you level at all? Is increasing rank ic only? Like, do you have to rp a lot until you maybe hopefully get a raise?

I'm intoxicated so that's where those end. I'll be back.

20 hours ago, Evergreen said:

-As far as updating characters, specifically in regard to changing things like specialties and attributes, to what date will that last? Is there an approval process for these changes? 

There is no set date however we do ask that you get them done as soon as possible. There is not an approval process however you will need to ask a member of staff yo unlock your sheet and to reapprove it once edits have been made.

20 hours ago, Evergreen said:

-How are trainings going to work now? Is there any use to them now? Will you still be able to level things like strength and endurance with them? Actually, how do you level at all? Is increasing rank ic only? Like, do you have to rp a lot until you maybe hopefully get a raise?

Training topics will now only be used to learn new jutsu, weapons or things like that. Your physical attributes will increase when your rank does, which will follow the ranking up system (which will get some tweaks so stay tuned)

One more  (Probably :P)

1) I saw that you're letting people change their characters and stuff, will i be allowed to change Shinrai's jutsu and change the way her Odotai weapon works?

yes, we actually suggest you do, as alot of the stuff is outdated and can be updated to better fit the systems

So this is Drak bumping this after a few weeks of the new system being in place. I have already noticed some great conversations about Genjutsu and a couple other important things, but we as staff really want to hear more about what you guys are thinking since the shakeup. Is there anything you are finding difficult to grasp or use? Anything seem arbitrary that we may need to take a look at? Any great ideas now that you've been here a little bit that you think we should be putting into motion?

Let us know, we can't promise movement on stuff but it really helps us to hear what you guys are thinking, you are the motor behind our staff debates. 

I have a problem with the current genjutsu system in place....there really isn't one.

Some have an issue with the Bukijutsu system. I myself don't care if it is kept as is or not, but I can see where it can be improved.

--

Overall organization needs to be redone a bit as well as updated to reflect the current updates in place. I don't have them pinpointed down to list here, but spending some time in the systems should reveal some of what I speak of.

Maybe add a missions system so that the XP for completing a mission and that Ryo for completing a mission aren't in two separate entities?

1 person likes this

• Word Counter

Word Counter