Hannah Uzumaki

Genjutsu

10 posts in this topic

Genjutsu needs to be changed.

There's only two ways to break out of it currently:

Realize you're in it and use Kai - Release

Realize you're in it and cripple yourself by cutting off more and more of your body the higher the rank of genjutsu.

However Kai - Release (as Suijin informed me) is only available to be learned by Nin or Genjutsu users. That means that someone like me who only has summoning and taijutsu as specialties I can't learn Kai. That in turn makes the only way for me to escape a genujtsu is to cut off a part of my body.

And since people can cast ephemeral with a finger it can be abused into the ground.

Solution: Make Kai available to everyone to use.

I should be able to learn Kai like anyone else and not have to cut off my fingers and limbs.

Edited by Outspoken Terumi
1 person likes this

In connection with this issue it would be helpful to have a better understanding of what "knowing you are in a genjutsu" means without meta-gaming. Unless I specifically as a writer and user of genjutsu write in a defect that the target of the jutsu could notice in order to tell it was a genjutsu, the target of a genjutsu would have to make up and write in a defect of his own design to notice and realize it is a genjutsu. Who's responsibility is it to make a genjutsu known? Is there some way to track or control who notices and how they would based on rank and/or specialty?

Maybe the genjutsu user is required to make a certain number of flaws based on the technique rank. But maybe the target must be of a specific rank to notice it, and even then maybe it takes a certain amount of posts to notice the flaw based on the difference between the rank of the user and the target. I don't know, just spitballing here.

It is my opinion that because of the lack of clarity with this issue, it makes Kai - Release an "easy out" for anyone trapped in a genjutsu.

I like the idea of Kai being available to everyone, but in order to not make it an "easy out" perhaps we should consider an alternate regulation.

Thank you both for bringing this to our attention. Genjutsu is something that has not really been looked at on a deeper level, mainly because we have not had it come up as an issue alot yet. However some of staff, including myself, believe genjutsu is really powerful and currently there are not many ways to get out of it. I shall bring this issue up with staff as soon as possible, and we will discuss options to fix this. Meanwhile if anyone has any ideas on how to properly solve genjutsu, please post them here. Keep in mind while your idea may not be used, we will take it into consideration.

1 person likes this

I love that genjutsu is powerful and not solely supplemental here. I like that I can make it my main character thing. But there has to be a way for keeping it powerful enough that it is worth having, but not so strong that it is impossible to beat. I offered a good suggestion in my post:

" Maybe the genjutsu user is required to make a certain number of flaws based on the genjutsu technique rank. But the target must be of a specific rank to notice it, and even then maybe it takes a certain amount of posts to notice the flaw based on the difference between the rank of the user and the target. "

Something like this might make it more balanced.

3 minutes ago, Outspoken Terumi said:

First thing is to make Kai available to all to learn. 

It is available for everyone to learn.

Drak and Soul just told me that anything D Rank can be obtained without a specialty. You would still have to pay or rp learning the genjutsu release (kai) but we should all have access to it based on this new information.

Well then the next part is to make every genjutsu have flaws that anyone who is under the effects of genjtus will notice after a certain number of posts.

Only way I can see it working so that Kai isn't abused to hell.

Why not make that based in rank, like the duration of the jutsu itself?

If the jutsu would last two posts, instead say in two posts that a flaw would be noticed?

Higher genjutsu users would be able to see the flaws quicker.

Me having no genjutsu would notice a flaw in an A rank in 4 turns

Someone being a master would notice it right away

---

If it's based on what you suggest then me and a master genjutsu master would both see a flaw in 4 turns. That's not fair.

@Soul and @Drak 

Dunno who exactly is spearheading this if it is being worked on at all. I know there's a lot on the to-do list. Wondering if anything was discussed.