Akane

Assassinate the Assassin

22 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Akane raced back through the village proper, sliding through alleyways and side streets like a common thief. She had given up the life, but of course the natural red head never did forget how to move like one. Midmorning as it was, not even the light misting rain or cloudy sky kept the massive crowds of villagers from their daily routines. The air smelled of the rain, but it also smelled of baked goods and vegetables pawned on the streets, of metal and smoke from the various metal working shops, and of the alcohol sodden drunks lying on the street corners from the night before. Indeed, had she not known the back alleys it would have taken her a solid hour to return to the complex in which she lived.

The 24 year old woman had her long voluminous hair pulled into a thick side braid that hung over her left shoulder, bouncing over her chest as she jogged along. She wore her usual white jacket , though unbuttoned, wrapping full length down her arms instead of keeping them held at her elbows. Her jacket was zipped all the way up, protecting her from the chilly drizzle; no doubt her thin dark red halter top, cropped up to half her middle would do little to keep her dry. She wore dark red loose flowing pants as well, her ankles wrapped in sturdy training wraps, and her feet pressed into sodden brown boots. She would need to change her shoes when she got home, and was annoyed that she hadn't worn her tabi boots in the first place.

She approached the compound and opened the main door, moving directly towards the secretary with a look of determination. "Daichi, Jinpachi, they're up in the study awaiting me yes?" The fact that she had grown tired of waiting around the compound these past few weeks was no news and she had told all of the siblings that she would be interested in joining up on a mission if one was available. Daichi had told her to go the next morning, and here she was, damp and chilled, but holding the scroll protectively tight in her left hand. Her right hand fiddled with the silver amulet around her neck; a sturdy blue glass pendant in the shape of a coiled shell, swirling with flakes of golden glitter. The tight fitted bracelet was also silver, with three matching blue and gold glass stones set in a fashionable way. She wore no rings or earrings and her bangs hung loose and wet by her ears. There was also a secretly sheathed kunai hid in her braid and the hilt looked nearly undetectable.

"Why yes, yes. I had to send them up a late breakfast tray not fifteen minutes ago. They specifically asked for it in the study, and you would not believe how hard--" Akane rolled her eyes and interrupted the secretary.

"Akahana, too?" She asked crisply, her tone conveying urgency. She felt bad for the older woman, always talking to people but never really getting to conversational levels with those who made their way past. Akane never felt the need to do something about it, but the empathy was there. She just had no patience, particularly at the moment. When the old woman leaned back in her chair, sighing and gesturing with a nod towards the stairs, indicating that yes Akahana was in the study, Akane bolted for the stairs.

She had a lot of energy, thrilled by the idea of finally getting out and doing something. She burst into the study after climbing up the many stairs. Out of breath, she held up the scroll like a hero and said, "I'm back... with a mission.... from the kage...."

Edited by Akane
2 people like this

Of course, as Akane had come barging it, it wouldn't exactly be a weird site that she saw. At least not from Daichi's standpoint, seeing as he was just casually resting on the edge of the desk in the study. He would be picking at the assortment of meats that would be resting on the overly sized tray that had been brought up, even though he was eating with his hands he was still using some variation of manners. There would be half of a piece of bacon hanging out of his mouth the moment that Akane came bum-rushing through the door, which caused him to look away from his siblings,"Did you really?" He asked, though it wasn't like he doubted the woman,"Well, don't keep us in suspense."

2 people like this

A book was held over Hannah's head as she read the contents of it while nomming on a piece of bacon like Daichi had been doing. If one were to read the words on the front it would indicate she was studying to learn more about summonings, her favorite thing. She had not moved to look over towards Akane as she bum rushed through the door, she didn't want to lose her place. What kind of mission?" Hannah asked nonchalantly as she turned a page in the book and finally looked up towards the girl. 'Was it raining out? Must've been why she was in the reading mood. Huh...'

She took the book and rested it on the table next to her and sat up on the couch. She fiddled with her shirt for a moment before motioning towards the tray. "You weren't here until now, but we do have food for you as well." From the looks of Akane she must've ran all the way from the Hokage's office in the rain. One of the reasons Hannah always made sure to wear a cloak; never knew when you would need it.

Was it actually from the Kage or just assigned by him she though to herself. While the two seemed more or less like the same thing they were in fact vastly different. She couldn't imagine having the Kage specifically tasking them with a mission, there were better people out there to handle such important tasks. There was always the chance to be wrong, however, just maybe she was.

1 person likes this

Jin sat in a comfortable high-backed chair, sipping from a cup of green tea, a rare moment when his mask was off, sitting on the coffee table in front of him. Other then that he was in his normal outfit, simple black socks in tabi boots, simple black cloth pants, and a tight black cloth shirt and gloves with a loose fitting sleeveless red frock over the black shirt and a long blue scarf wrapped around his neck several times and hanging down his back to just below the waist. He was not currently wearing his shinobi armor but it sounded like he made need to put it on. If the Kage had a mission for multiple Jounin ranked shinobi it would likely be one that was quite dangerous. 

He set his tea cup down on the small dish for it  and spoke toward Akahana, "Well, let's see it. We'll need to know the details so we can prepare." Jinpachi would want to have a strategy set up for the mission before they even left to do it, whatever it was. 

2 people like this

The red head strode in, the doors swaying and shifting closed behind her. She took a breath, finally catching her's. She wasn't the planning type. She was the "we have a mission let's leave now" type. Action, always action. She narrowed her eyes, her voice taking on an annoyed edge. "It's all in here, plan as we go," Akane snorted, tossing the scroll in it's case onto Jinpachi's lap haphazardly. "Two murderers, one definitely a missing nin from-" She paused, walking over to the food tray and grabbing a fresh apple and a piece of bacon. "Oh some minor village, I don't remember which. Guess they're killing seemingly innocent people, civilians. Nineteen dead so far."

She bit into the bacon, tearing a piece off and chewing it. She wiped her greasy hand on a napkin, holding the bacon between her teeth until she could hold both the napkin and bacon in one hand. "Medical nin says the people were poisoned and then beaten to death, but they don't know what the poison was. They wouldn't even tell me what the effects on the body were, can you believe that?" She proclaimed, shoving the bacon into her mouth and tearing another piece off. She was clearly more interested in the poison aspect than the serial killer aspect. She sighed, the annoyed edge finally leave her voice. "I guess the poison is deadly, rare, and they couldn't identify it. The Kage wants it for research, but I want first dibs at checking it out in the lab." She suddenly looked stunned, turning in a small circle before facing the three siblings again. "Who poisons someone with a fatal poison if they were going to beat them to death anyway? It's like the killers weren't sure the beating was going to be enough or something. You think it's personal vengeance, a vendetta, or just a psychopath?" She clearly wasn't looking for an answer, moving into a quick pace, rotating around the room, though it had seemed like she was directing the question to her technical superiors, munching on the last bite of bacon as she mumbled under her breath.

2 people like this

Daichi would listen to the three of them and then let out a soft breath as he proceeded to watch Akane walk around the room in a pace,"So much energy..." He muttered under his breath as he would finish up a couple pieces of bacon and ham before hopping off the desk and letting out a soft grunt,"I am just going to get ready for the mission, I'll look for an update and the plan when I come back." He was still in his morning clothes, there was no way that he was going to go on a mission like this. Jin would be able to make up a good plan, he was sure of it, otherwise Daichi would just go in swinging. It usually bore good results.

He would wave to the people in the room as he would walk out and into the hallway, going to get ready.

3 people like this

Hannah rolled her eyes at the whole situation. The Kage was worried about some renegade psychopaths, but had no clue that the people he gave the mission to were psychopaths themselves. One overly eager at the whole situation. Treating it more like a medical mystery than worrying about actually getting the murderers and the other showing little interest in actually planning and leaving to the others. Pure laziness. And Jin....well he was more on the same page as her.

"I'm with Jin on this one." She spoke to the others in the room before speaking sharply towards Daichi's department. "Yes leave the actual work to not get killed to us!" She scoffed and turned her head to watch Akane's pacing before correcting her as well. "I'm glad you're excited for the mission and all, but quit your pacing. Makes the rest of the atmosphere feel like it unnecessarily needs to keep up with your speed."

The redhead would reach to the table next to her and start to take notes on what Akane spat out. Two killers from an un-named minor village that have gone around poisoning people and unexplainably beating them afterwards. As she wrote she would be saying this all out loud. Mostly just for Jin to hear as the other two reverted to their own mindsets. Hannah tapped the writing apparatus to the paper a few times in thought. "We could go back to where the bodies are and ask to see them." Akane had said she tried to communicate with the medical nins, but no no avail. However the other three were higher in rank than herself. Maybe that played a part in their choice. "Do we know for a fact they were beaten?" This time her question was aimed towards Akane and hopefully she was still in the current situation enough to answer. Hannah assumed that the girl would answer yes, but maybe the poison caused the appearance of being beaten? Like bruising and other bodily marks.

Jin would listen to the conversation with a solemn look on his face, "I think we can safely assume they're psychopaths because they've killed 19 people. With numbers like those the idea that these people are taking any half way legitimate vengeance is unlikely. Not that it'd make it ok if they were but it would be understandable at least." He'd sigh and finish off his cup of tea before affixing his mask back onto his face and standing up from his seat. "I agree with Hannah, our first step should be to look at the bodies, that might tell us more about the killers than anything else. Do we know where exactly each one was found? That would give us a general location for the people we're looking for. If there is a pattern to the victims, all women, all people who work a certain kind of job, and so on, might give us an idea about where they're going to strike next." 

Jinpachi had a great distaste for people that killed just for the sake of killing and if that was the case here he doubly wanted to stop them. "I also need to prepare before we go, so let's all pack anything we might need and meet outside in 10 minutes, then we'll head out." Jin would also excuse himself from the room and return to his own personal quarters. From there he'd equip the armor he normally wheres since a confrontation certainly seemed in order today. He'd strap on the leg holster containing his kunai and exploding tags, slide his kusarigama into place, and pick out the scroll containing his puppet Serpentera from a cabinet. With that done he'd walk back out through the compound and wait in the front for the rest of the team. 

The red head bristled from Hannah's correction. She did stop pacing though, facing Hannah with crossed arms. "I guess not. The report said they were found beaten, but I don't know if there were any witnesses. Maybe we should check the bodies and talk to people in the area. If someone heard a beating, that might help." Akane tilted her head towards Jinpachi, nodding as he spoke. As much as she hated planning, she didn't mind if other's did it. She agreed, as shown by her consistent soft nods as he spoke, with Jinpachi. The woman fiddled with her silver amulet absentmindedly. As Jinpachi stood, she put one hand on her hip, gesturing with her right hand as she spoke.

"Those asshole medics wouldn't tell me anything if I was the last person in the village," Akane started, neglecting the obvious fact that the number of times she had snuck into, spied on, harassed, or otherwise messed with the medical staff at the hospital in her attempts to get information had left a bad impression on all of them for her general shinobi conduct. "I know five of the victims have been buried already, seven are in the morgue, under those sheets. I wasn't allowed to see them either. The other seven, the most recent kills, I don't think they have been handled yet. One couple living out by the harbor I believe was found last night, probably still shinobi there."

She thought for a moment, "The other was the strangest. The only one listed that wasn't a couple or a loner adult. The latest was found early this morning. A family of five not far from the Academy. You remember the Miyata's? Middle aged couple running a shinobi clothing shop? Got my first vest there, I think. They just had a baby, too.." Akane's voice got softer at the thought. The killer hadn't gone for families before, so why the Miyatas? She had seen them about, a good hard working family. The boy of the family had been an Academy student. The whole street would have been in an uproar if it weren't for the thick rain outside. She moved towards Jinpachi's side, suddenly very serious, "See you downstairs." And then Akane moved to leave, her face for the first time in a long time utterly unreadable.

Of course, Daichi had been absent for all of their talk and instead was waiting outside of the main building of the complex already. He was dressed in a pair of gray pants with a sleeveless black shirt, the signature cloak for high ranking members of the guild over the whole outfit. On his hands, of course, where his gauntlets that went almost up to his elbows completely. Contrast to the dark feeling that was starting to surround Akane, Daichi lazily rested on one of the benches out front, staring up at the ceiling. Before his siblings could fully stop him, there was already a lit cigarette between his lips while his left arm was under his head as a pillow,"I hope there is a fight, or something."

Hannah stood up from where she was sitting and followed behind Akane and the others as they left the room together. She turned to go down towards her room, briefly leaving a passing thought to the other two. "Perhaps they're getting bolder and moving onto bigger targets with more stuff. I doubt they didn't raid the place after. Would be some good stuff there."

She closed the door behind her and exited minutes later geared head to toe in her normal shinobi attire. The black cloak of the guild covered most of her person however. Underneath, if she were to remove it, one would see a black flak jacket and a pair of black shorts which were chosen over pants for mobility. Hannah then made her way down to where the others had gathered.

"Right, I guess we can get going now. First stop is the hospital and after that.....who knows." Hannah kicked off the ground with her feet and jumped onto a nearby roof and then quickly started to dash across several of them in succession. For all Hannah could think of there wasn't a M.O. for the killers thus far. They had at the last minute changed their scheme from unknown individuals or couples to a full on, probably well known family. Which, as stated, she speculated meant they were getting cockier the more kills they added. With so many dead already it wouldn't be long before the general population started to become paranoid.

After everyone had arrived Jinpachi would nod to the assembled group, "Alright, let's head out to the hospital." Making their way down the streets it would not take them long to reach the hospital. With Jin leading the way he'd step up to the reception desk in the lobby and extract a wallet with his shinobi ID in it. Flashing it to the man on duty like a badge Jinpachi would ask him, "Jinpachi Madarame, Jounin, my team and I are here on orders from the Hikage, investigating a series of murders. We understand you have several bodies in your morgue that are all victims of the killers we're trying to apprehend. They were all poisoned and beaten severely. We want to take a look at them and see if there is anything that can give us a clue about who it is we're dealing with." 

The young man looked a little nervous, intimidated by the group of high ranking shinobi before him, he didn't want to piss them off though, "Um.. y-yes of course. Let me call someone to lead you down there..." As he went to reach over to a telephone to page someone with Jinpachi stopped him with a raised hand, "That won't be necessary, I know where it is, we can see ourselves in, if anyone is down there feel free to let them know we will be coming down immediately." He'd nod to the rest of his team, "Let's get moving." before heading down the hall towards the direction of the morgue. 

Akane had gone to her room, heart feeling heavy. She was not usually so attached to people, but she wasn't heartless either. The Miyatas were a small family, not unlike the one she had once had. A mother, a father, she thought, then shook her head. She kicked off her boots, mentally distancing herself from the scene growing in her mind. There was no need to picture it when likely she would see it in person. She armed herself with her breast dagger and her senbon launcher, changing her attire in slight to include more durable water resistant boots and coat. She didn't have any guild-wear, but it didn't much bother her.

The red head stepped outside, joining the others in an unusual silence. She dashed through the village, staying on the ground, knowing just where her feet would take her and having no issues keeping up with the other three. Once at the hospital, she managed to return somewhat to herself, seeing Jinpachi allowed to just walk in while every person in the hospital narrowed their eyes at her. She was pensive, leaning towards Hannah as they began to walk through the hall and down the stairs towards the morgue.

"If they are getting bolder, might the assassins strike during the day? Or make several murders closer together?" Akane whispered to Hannah, not wanting hospital staff to hear. She was deep down concerned. As interested as she was in inspecting the bodies, using her medical skills and detecting perhaps what the people in the hospital had not yet deduced, Akane was worried that another murder was looming not far ahead. Perhaps even just hours, if the killers were so bold. How much time did they have?

Daichi had been quiet much like Akane had been but it was because none of his knowledge really rested in this type of stuff, but a mission was a mission. He enjoyed his smoke as they moved through the village but as they came to the hospital, he almost opted to stand outside but was ushered in anyway. As Jinpachi spoke to the person at the desk, Daichi had been looking around the lobby they were standing in, until it was time to move and it was time to walk down the halls. Man, he always hated hospitals, but as Akane seemed to pair off and talk to Hannah, Daichi caught up with his brother.

"So, think we are dealing with someone who has lost a little bit too many marbles?" He asked, seeing he hadn't really been giving any thought into what was happening. It was clear that someone was murdering and it was getting out of hand, but if they thought looking at the corpses would help then Daichi was along for the ride. They wouldn't have gotten this far without their cooperation.

1 person likes this

Hannah drifted off to the side of the group as they moved towards the hospital subconsciously taking her usual position of being the mid-range pillar. As they were almost at the hospital however she drifted back slowly and allowed the others to enter the hospital first. Nothing more than a reflection of what she set out to be in their group, a tank.

After Jin had shown the proper identification and they were allowed through she caught the site of Akane moving towards her, causing Hannah to meet her halfway. "If they can keep the incident isolated I don't see why that wouldn't be a possibility." Hannah responded without trying to lower her voice. That was the main issue with committing crimes during the day. People were usually more aware, and awake for that matter. As well as not having the guise of night to hide if needed. She also answered Daichi's question even if it wasn't aimed at her. Why they weren't trying to state ideas and opinions in a group fashion was unknown to her. "Everyone has some marbles misplaced or gone. If they haven't been caught yet it's either because of dumb luck or they're actually kind of smart at how they go about doing things."

Jinpachi would walk with his team, descending the stairs into the morgue of the hospital with the rest of his team members. He listened to them as they made their comments before adding his own, starting with Akane, "That's true, every success is going to embolden them and we don't want them to do any more damage then they've already done, I want to get this wrapped up as soon as possible." In regards to Daichi and Hannah he'd say, "Like I said back at the compound, the scope of what they've done far exceeds any sane level of vengeance or anything a normal person might understand. At this point I'd rather we assume they're intelligent rather than lucky. We don't want to underestimate people we know nothing about." 

Entering the morgue Jinpachi and the rest would see two more hospital employees carting the last of the bodies they were coming to see out for observation. The bodies were currently all covered with sheets from the neck down. Both the morgue attendants were men, one young man and one old, and the older one would nod at them, "Ah, good timing, we just got the last one out for you. My name is Daisuke Amano, I'm the coroner here, and this is my son and assistant Hachiro." The young man looks toward the shinobi and gives them a nervous nod as a greeting but does not speak. Daisuke continues, "I have to say, while I respect your authority, I assure you my son and I have thoroughly examined all of these bodies. I've been a coroner all my life and I am very confident in my abilities. I don't believe you'll find anything that I have not already documented." One could tell from his voice that the man was not being disdainful of the shinobi, he merely took pride in his work. 

Jinpachi approached after he spoke and offered him his hand, introducing himself and the rest of the team, after that he replied, "I don't doubt your medical knowledge Dr. Amano but the killers we're tracking are shinobi, or at least they were. The things we're looking for, clues to help track them down and stop them, might not be readily apparent or even detectable to someone who hasn't been trained in the ninja arts. So we appreciate your cooperation." He'd turn and look back to Akane, the medical specialist of the group, "I assume you want the first crack at it?" 

Posted (edited)

Akane had to actually try hard to not grin as Jinpachi slid aside and let her move towards the dead body. She first lifted the folder that had been resting and closed on the victim's chest. She scanned the papers and saw that the medical shinobi had done their due diligence and made many notes detailing the victim's condition as it was when they had found it. Also included were a list of common poisons that they had checked for like cyanide, mercury, and even some neurotoxins commonly found in local amphibians and plants. Tests concluded that the heart had stopped due to congealing of blood or the constriction of blood vessels. There was no sign of swelling around the mouth or throat, no sign of asphyxiation. The eyes as well were largely undamaged and there were no hand prints, ring prints, or circular fist shaped markings. There were over four tiny holes discovered around the body, though no darts, senbon or syringes were found at the scenes. And all of this was puzzling. She had to look at the body herself, examining the discoloration and body condition.

She handed the folder the the assisstant and then drew back the sheet from the body. It had already been cut into for internal investigation but at least the medical shinobi doing it had not been incompetent. "You do good work, Amano, sir." Akane complimented, and she did not give those out lightly. Her hands then reached for a pair of latex gloves from the nearby counter, stepping past Jinpachi and then back. She wasn't going to contaminate the evidence of course. Her hands, adorned in blue latex, slid over the body and it was then that she noticed the bruising. With the blue color of the gloves beside the skin, she frowned at the comparison. These were not bruises. Over the right arm and hand, on the back of the neck, across the thigh of his left leg, and over the left shoulder the bruises they had all thought were bruises would only have fooled a regular medic. There weren't many studies done on the effects of sea weed as a toxin or as an antidote, but recently Akane had spent much of her time studying it herself. "Good call, Hannah. None of these are bruises."

Akane looked a little crazy, to be fair, they really did look like fading blue bruises. She elaborated gesturing with a gloved hand, "I wanted to know why a person would be poisoned and then beaten to death.. why not just let him die slow and leave? Or hell, watch? If I was angry with you, Dr. Amano, and I wanted to beat you, as physical beatings are warranted through either anger, revenge, or necessity, where might I try to hit you first?"  She glanced at Daichi and the coroner replied with a shrug, "I assume my vitals. My face, my neck, the usual. Rage killings usually come with some sort of defamation or destruction of the person's vitals, or marring the face to visibly destroy that person's identity." Akane nodded and looked at the body again, tilting her head and waving her hand at the coroner. "You found the holes, so you knew poison was a factor. But where are all those bruises, those marks we should be seeing on the neck and face?" "There are... none." The doctor answered uncomfortably. His poor pride was getting hit, but Akane continued on, oblivious or uncaring, she didn't share why.

She gestured again to her gloves, "The markings are too blue and in the wrong places to be bruises. It is a condition called cyanosis. I need to see something else but I think I know what the poison actually is." She examined the inside of the mouth silently, turning over the lips. Then she made a face and pulled open the cavity in the chest, filling the air with malodorous stench. She didn't flinch, grinning as her hand reached inside and poked the heart. It squished a little, releasing clear fluid. Then she moved down ward, pressing the chest muscles with her fingertips. Again clear fluid pushed out of the cells. She then delved her hands into the lower torso, demanding that the assistant "hold the flaps" open. Of course, the assistant did so. She pulled the intestines up carefully and felt around the inside dorsal region and then pulled her hand back out.

She slid off her gloves and nodded. "The person who did this not only knew extensive medical knowledge, but must have very good knowledge about the sea. Chances are at least one of our killers grew up coastally, though I am willing to bet that one killer does the collecting and the other does the killing." The red head laughed a little, tossing the gloves into the trash and letting the assistant cover the body back up. "See, I noticed that there was a bit of a yellow and brown stain around the teeth, common to mistake for poor hygiene. But here, it was certainly a new stain. The muscles emitted excessive fluid, as did the heart, which is unusual considering you have not yet preserved or otherwise modified the body for burial. I would recommend testing it for sure, but I felt the enlarged kidneys on the dorsal part of the cavity as well. Nephritis may appear as just a general difference between body to body, but all of these things together lead me to believe this was iodine poisoning. Not non-detectable, but never used. Certainly, it is the opposite of rare, comprising the main element inside every brown Fucus and Ascophyllum on the coast."

"Someone collected sea weed, maybe even took it in during fishing, a lot of it. Then someone dried them out, turned them into a powder and extracted the high concentrations of iodine through a modified evaporative system. One shot could put someone in a coma, four is a guarantee for death, even over kill." Akane explained thoroughly to the ones around her. The coroner was tight lipped, saying nothing, but Akane didn't comment to him. It wasn't really an error since iodine was found in the diet of every person in the Flame Village- every person who consumed fish, ate Nori, bought sushi, or flavored their soups with the algae found in dried baggies from local herbalists. "This person had a very painful death, but it didn't take more than ten minutes to die. I don't know what that means."  The red head gave a slight shrug and patted the dead body over the cover with her left hand.

WC So far: 2600

Edited by Akane

Honestly, as nice as it was that the group of them were out on a mission together, the truth was that currently Daichi would not be able to be any actual help. He had listened to everyone as they had talked but as Akane had headed over to the body, he would let out a soft breath and wait. Daichi's attention had gone to the room around them, how morbid a morgue actually was, but he never was really in them when it came to missions and no one close to him had died for him to come to one. It was a weird feeling but as Akane examined the body and spoke her reasoning out loud, he had gotten the gist of the important bits. That there was more than likely more than one killer and there was no beatings involved, whatever happened was the result of poison. Great... Daichi thought, since anyone could see the danger poison could pose to someone who is a close ranged combatant.

He was thinking of how they could lure a trap, they could try and use one of them but for that to happen, they would have to be a target of who was doing these killings. It was a pain and the annoyed look Daichi wore only showed that further but, without anything useful to add to anything, he'd rub the nape of his neck and wait for the next stage of whatever their plan was to start working into motion.

Hannah intently listened to Akane as she went on a speech about her findings and even seemed to mock the morgue doctors to some extent for their lack of knowledge or at least it seemed to her. Not that she cared how they felt, but it only showed Akane was more ballsy sometimes than herself and that was saying something. The girl was growing on her to say the least. Perhaps one day they could be close friends or just be called bitches by people. The latter thought made her grin slightly to herself.

The girl then walked over to where the assistant had put the folder after Akane had handed it to him and skimmed through it briefly. She wasn't nearly at the same level as her sister or the doctors, but one could assume she knew more than Daichi did. One look at him and anyone could tell that besides catching some main parts from the speech he was in his own thoughts. Poor thing was suited mostly for combat.

After the medical analysis was finished Hannah set the folder back down and moved towards the body with the doctors*. "Unless I missed something was there ever a mention of how the poison was administered? I recall there being holes in the victim's body, however no objects found at the scene. Probably used a common item and was careful enough to clean up, yes?" Much like the people around her Hannah wasn't affected by the sight or smell of a dead body. One couldn't be when they were made to kill, that being said she didn't take in as nearly much pleasure in seeing one.

The Flame village itself was completely surrounded by water and had various islands miles from it off the West, North, South and East coast. The killers being from a coastal region wasn't at all helpful in truth since technically it all was coastal. She kept quiet about it so not to impugn Akane's findings and would rather the others come to the same conclusion. Matter of the fact was so far on this visit they still didn't know anymore about the location of the killers than before. And although the medical aspect was interesting, it proved unfruitful. "So the killer(s) are versed in medicine or at least this specific type. Still no M.O. or location....and there's far too many coastal settlements to go to each. I'm not educated as much as you Akane so unless you know of a seaweed farm then for now I don't know our next move."

1 person likes this

Jin thought for a good long moment, pondering all the new information they had just been given. Hannah was right the fact alone that the poison had come from coastal plants didn't really narrow it down at all, they were common coastal plants at that. The man they were looking for was known to be a poison expert and he likely chose this poison on purpose, knowing its common nature would make it impossible to track him just using that. "There has to be something. People always act in a pattern, even trying not to act in a pattern is itself a pattern. There's something here we can use to track him, to predict his moves, we're just not seeing it..." 

"They are willing to attack in daylight, and yet not be seen." Akane thumped her fingertips on her forehead. She beat her brains before coming to an idea, a possibility. "Syringes, senbon, or blow darts. The holes were punctures not stabs. Ability to make simply poison, requires the use of supplies still. And if they were first on the scene.." She didn't know what to think. A medical shinobi would have access to supplies at the hospital, access to syringes and senbon and proper disposal. They would know one shot would put a man in a coma, and multiple would kill. She looked at the coroner and got a dark look on her face. "Can you leave us for a minute?"

It was obviously not a request and after her verbal thrashing and medical terminology, both the assistant and the doctor left. "It's a team of medical shinobi. Quite possibly the ones who are on duty, actively present, at each of the murder locations to bring the bodies in. It's the only thing that makes sense." She looked towards the door, frowning. Akane knew she could be completely wrong. But perhaps not. She wondered if maybe the assistant or the coroner were wrong on purpose to hinder the investigation. Maybe that was why they were upset.

Now that was an idea that Daichi hadn't been considering but that really shouldn't surprise anybody here,"Wait, wait, wait." Daichi would step closer to everyone and speak in a lower tone,"So what, old dude and his son go out the nights before, inject these victims and then make sure they are the ones who show up on the scene?" The man would raise a hand and scratch the side of his head,"If that's the case, aside from being smart then maybe this person is sick." With a wave of his hand his dismissed that thought and looked around to the group,"Well, if you think that, there is a simple way to do this... We confront them. They'll deny it, obviously... But if they think one of us is suspicious, they may make us their next target." The man rolled his next slowly as he regarded the group but then sighed,"Then it just comes down to who to accuse. Because I'm more than willing to do it." So far it felt like Daichi had contributed to the mission the least so to be able to start doing something would be nice.