C- Rank= Snake- Dog - Hare 

B-Rank= Snake - Dog - Hare - Dragon

A-Rank= Snake - Dog - Hare - Dragon - Rat

S-Rank= Snake - Dog - Hare - Dragon - Rat - Tiger

SS-Rank= Snake - Dog - Hare- Dragon - Rat - Tiger - Boar 

X-Rank= Snake - Dog - Hare- Dragon - Rat - Tiger - Boar - Clap Hands 

Range

D rank= 5 meter distance (5 meter  aoe)

C rank= 15 meter distance (10 meter  aoe)

B rank= 20 meter distance (15 meter  aoe)

A rank= 25 meter distance (20 meter  aoe)

S rank= 30 meter distance (25 meter  aoe)

SS rank= 35 meter distance (30 meter  aoe)

X rank= 40 meter distance (35 meter  aoe)

Duration

D rank= 2 post

C rank= 3 post

B rank= 3 post

A rank= 4 post

S rank= 4 post

SS rank= 5 post

X rank= 5 post

Hot.thumb.jpg.1dd18c922be44ada2695e7c767eaafff.jpg

Description | After forming the necessary hand signs for whatever strength of the jutsu they wish to cast the user is surrounded by the chakra-created smell of hotdogs wafting from their body (range equal to that ranks AoE). Anyone who catches this scent on their noses will see all ten of their fingers transform into cooked hotdogs. This can affect an unlimited number of people but they must remain within the range of the technique, the user being the center. It is indiscriminate in its effect so if ones allies are around they can be effected as well if they are not prepared to avoid it. They will remain attached to their hands for the duration of the technique but due to the fact that they have been changed into tubes of meat the victim will not be able to move their fingers, rendering it essentially impossible for them to wield any weapons or make hand signs for techniques. 
Other Effects
Requirements | Flame Village, Genjutsu 
Status | Open to Flame Nin 

So upon realizing that clearly I cannot have meaty hotdogs for fingers I gain the use back in my hands right?

Edited by Drak

If not, then the ranked versions of this technique need to describe their limitation in preventing people from using their fingers. Like. What's the difference in difficulty between a C Rank & A Rank version of this?

Do they need to function differently? I can't just have it last longer have a wider range etc at higher ranks? 

Do any Genjutsu actually just not work it if you know you're in one? It would certainly be obvious it's a Genjutsu but then you'd still need to Kai out of it or hurt yourself

Well the reason I asked my question is because the moment my character realizes that he doesn't really have hot dog fingers he would go to do Kai, except if he can't use his hands he can't do that. So you see my dilemma with how this works. Theoretically I could realize very quickly that there is no way my fingers became hot dogs but still not be able to do the thing about it. 

The only way this works is if as soon as I realize the ridiculousness of the situation it's dispelled naturally. 

So are just all Genjutsu that physically restrict your movements banned? There are lots of Genjutsu that bind you and most of the powerful Genjutsu are obviously not real life. 

THis is a B rank jutsu that would apparently not be allowed since it stops you from Kai'ing out? 

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Demonic_Illusion:_Tree_Binding_Death

No there is no jutsu allowed that completely restrict you from using Kai because Genjutsu is incredibly powerful already so we can't take away one of the few weaknesses.

You could do a restriction technique, for instance if a person thinks they are bound in a tree it would make sense that they wouldn't have any reason to think they weren't. The sheer ridiculousness of hot dog hands works against you here because people are more likely to figure out that they can't possibly have hot dog hands.   

gen.PNG.0220a46a8d6f486d8b47831499f71dba.PNG

If it's just a genjutsu then they would still have hands and thus be able to use kai.

It's just mentally it seems like they have hotdog hands

Kai Release is literally just putting your hands together like you're praying and making your chakra explode so the enemie's chakra in your head is overpowered.

Edited by Hannah Uzumaki

You're supposed to use Genjutsu Kai to get out before it traps you; like a when Kabuto uses the sleeping Genjutsu on the chunin exam stadium. 

So so what I can bind them just not their arms/hands? 

Kai doesn't work that way here. And people use Kai to break free of jutsu because if they knew it was coming then it would usually be meta-gaming.

No you can bind everything, but when someone realizes that something isn't right they should have the ability to Kai out. So as soon as they realize they couldn't possibly have hot dog fingers they would need the freedom to choose to Kai out or pain out. 

That seems like it would not encourage meta gaming any less. If I just make all my Genjutsu seem like it's earth release or something how could they know it's not real without knowing IC I don't have earth release? 

Also as Hannah pointed out this would not inhibit them using Kai, so are we good? 

Go read the Kai Technique, as I said Kai doesn't work that way here :) 

So again, I am ok with this jutsu. Once they realize they are under the effect of something they need to be able to use their hands again.

I did read it. So again, as long as I make it look like they're being bound by the effects of a ninjutsu I can make it inescapable? 

By your logic I can make a Genjutsu that is just earthen hands grab your arms and legs, a totally realistic Doton technique, and now they can't escape without outside assistance. They can't move their limbs to Kai or wound themselves and there would be no reason for them to think that what I did was Genjutsu and not ninjutsu. 

Completely inescapable, no? 

That would make it much more difficult to escape wouldn't it? Which would make it a very high rank, high cost genjutsu with limitations on the person casting it. I'd also make sure there is something written into it that can be noticed so that the person would eventually have the same chance that I want to give someone with yours. 

There is no inescapable things. If you would like to app that jutsu to see how I would balance it you are welcome to. 

Alright well you can archive this technique I was just making it as a joke. 

I will do that since I'd like to discuss this further. 

• Word Counter

Word Counter