Steam Vents[Meiko, Kioyoko, Sezumi & Rei]

16 posts in this topic

Mission Name | Scout the Steam Vents
Mission Type | Water Village
Ranking | B
Repeatable? | Yes
Reward | 750 Ryo
Mission NPCs | None
Mission Description | In the wilds near Kaisui harbor it is told that large cracks in the earth have been showing up, which are releasing pressure and steam up from beneath the earth. The village is curious in these steam properties and would like the shinobi to investigate the area. You are tasked with climbing down into one of these crevices and taking a sample of the steam rising up out of the hole. The mission is a success if the shinobi can bring back a vial of the steam.
Word Count | 800 per Shinobi
Requirements | Water Village

Taking a sample of steam huh...? Rei thought to himself as he waited near the gates to leave Mizumura. It had been some time since he had actually left Mizumura. Now, he was assigned to a four man team to accomplish a specific mission. He and three others were appointed to go to the wilds near the Kaisui harbor and collect some steam samples from large crevices in the ground that have been appearing more frequently. The question was: how were they to collect this steam sample? Well, luckily the higher ups had thought it wise to provide the team with some vials for the sampling. Rei held the vial up in his hands against the sunlight. It was a small thing, but looked like it would hold in steam. He pocketed the vial in his ninja pouch and leaned against the closed gates from the inside of the village, waiting for his other teammates to show up before they would leave the village. He had arrived several minutes early and would greet the others once they arrived. "I am Rei Tataru. There is no team leader for this mission. We will work together to complete the task. All of you are in charge of ensuring each others safety." he would say to them when they arrived.

WC- 217

Thin Wire

Explosive Tags

Wireless Radio

Flak Jacke

Meiko was excited when she learned that she was assigned to a B-Rank mission. It made her feel slightly more important even if it was just to collect steam from the growing cracks in the wilds near Kaisui Harbor. She would be making her way to the village gates to meet up with the other three people she was doing the mission with, Rei Tataru, Sezumi Uchiha, and Kiyoko Shiratori. They were three people that she had not yet been acquainted with and she would be excited to meet the three of them. When she began to approach the gates of the village she would see that a young man was waiting there. It was likely to be one of the three she was meeting up with so she would greet him before beginning to stand next to him and would wait for the other two to arrive before she introduced herself.  "I'm Meiko Tokiyama. I look forward to working with you all today!", she would say if nobody else had decided to introduce themselves before she did.

WC - 180

It came in the long run where it was the ideal opportunity for him to go on a mission with a gathering. This B-rank beyond any doubt got him glad additionally meeting his companions would make him more joyful. He went out while using his katana in the face of his good faith. Zumi at that point made a beeline for the where he would be meeting his squad. At the point when Rei specified about security, he shook his head. He appeared like a decent person who might comprehend with regards to awful circumstances. And after that this young lady by name as Meiko Tokiyama presented herself. She had a quick presentation. That didn't trouble him, yet he answered. "Ah, My name is Sezumi Uchiha." he stopped. " yet am known as Zumi for short." he would then sit tight calmly for the following guidelines.

WC:145

Posted (edited)

Shiratori Kiyoko arrived just a moment after Meiko and Senzumi did, landing next to them, but without invading the personal space of either. It was not like her to be late, and in fact she had not been the last person to reach the meeting spot. In truth, she had arrived minutes ago, but had decided against approaching Rei as he waited alone by the gates, instead opting to watch events unfold from the ceiling of a nearby building. This had not been out of shyness, but rather because she doubted anything would come out of them making small talk as they waited. Although she had had no intent to hide, her presence had indeed gone unnoticed. Now that everyone was present, however, introductions were in order and it would prove to be rude if she didin't accompany theirs with one of her own.

"The name is Shiratori Kiyoko. You may adress me in any way you prefer. Everyone, it is a pleasure to finally be able to work alongside you."

The words that came out of her mouth easily resembled those of a gentleman.  If Kiyoko's appearance didn't leave it clear that she was a beautiful lady, it might not have been difficult to confuse her for one. The Kunoichi made a brief pause to gauge the response of her teammates, as well as politely evaluate the gear they were carrying around. She showed no signs of discontent towards any of them, but was particularly pleased when she eyed part of Rei's equipment.

"I see you've come prepared. That's good. We should all be proud to be able to carry out such an important mission for the village. Let's do our best to meet the Kage's expectations, so that this experience may repeat itself."

WC 295/800

Edited by Kiyoko

It had not take long for the gathering to be complete. Though Rei had arrived early, the other three were punctual with their time. Introductions were in order and Rei had already introduced himself to those who arrived after him. In total, there was Meiko, Sezumi and Kiyoko. He knew nothing about the three of them: in fact, he had only ever worked with one other shinobi not of his clan. Takara, she had been an able shinobi though a bit naive. Subconsciously, Rei could only wonder how naive these other young shinobi introducing themselves, might be. He cared not for personal introductions, but the were important for communication and trust. Patiently he waited while everyone was introduced. "Yes, well... now that we are all here. Let's go." he said, pointedly omitting to verbalize any comment about looking forward to teamwork, words of encouragement... or even a thanks to the compliment by Kiyoko. Words were not difficult to come by, by Rei was scarred and grew up alone in the slums. He neither trusted or believed in anyone or anything. Only actions alone could attest to the jade green haired man, of these three shinobi's characters.

Rei would lead out of the gate and engage seldom in small talk if there was any. He may have even indulged in a few tidbits of information about his past if anyone was to ask him. Ultimately he had little interest in the group, for his eyes were solely on the responsibilities of the mission. "I hope all of you have come prepared. I don't expect there to by any combat involved in this mission, but these crevices are filled with steam from below the surface. Don't get scalded while trying to gather some steam." he would say, offering a warning to his teammates as they would arrive just on the outskirts of the wilds. Small clouds of steam dotted the forest line here and there as Rei looked through the wood line.

Stepping through the row of trees that marked the beginning of the wilds in the forest, his skin was greeted by a moist change in temperature, specifically a good ten or more degrees hotter. Just the surface of this area is a lot different in temperature and humidity. We'll have to stay near the edge of the forest to avoid any dangerous steam currents. he thought to himself and looked around for the nearest opened crevice. He looked through the steamy woods and found the biggest concentration of steam and pointed towards it. "Let's use this crevice to gather the steam." he would say, offering the nearest location to be the safest one. Reaching into his pocket, he would pull out the medium-sized vial and hold it up. "Who wants to gather the steam? I will if none of you wish to get burned." he would say while waiting for a plan.

WC- 479

Posted (edited)

Meiko was glad that most of the people on the mission were around her age. Those who were around her age seemed to be more mature and thought about things thoroughly instead of suddenly just jumping in and getting the job done. Thankfully, the gathering of the four shinobi went smoothly and they were able to get off to performing their mission on time. Meiko was hoping that when they got to the area where the scorching hot steam lurked that someone would volunteer to gather the steam seeing as she would be able to heal them if they managed to get scalded by the steam. She didn't want to endure the pain of getting scalded with the steam and felt that she was assigned to this team just in case anyone happened to injure themselves.

As they approached the area where the steam dotted the forest line Meiko would feel the temperature rise and would begin to sweat. She had only ever been used to the cool of Mizamura Village, it had never really gotten anywhere near this temperature. Meiko didn't particularly enjoy the heat of the steam and already wanted to leave but knew it was her duty to help the other collect the steam so that the village could analyze the properties of the steam. It might have some use to the village or it might just be a natural disaster waiting to happen. They obviously didn't know since they seemed to consistently monitor the steam. 

When Rei asked who wanted to gather any of the steam Meiko would reply simply with, "I don't wish to gather the steam but I would like to say that whoever wishes to gather the steam shouldn't worry too much about getting scalded as I can heal the burns that the Steam gives you. Although, if you prefer that I gather the steam I'm perfectly capable of healing myself as well." She didn't want to sound like a coward who was afraid to gather the steam but instead wanted to reassure that if anyone was injured she'd take care of them. Hopefully, she didn't come off the wrong way and nobody would see her as a weakling who's good for nothing but healing others as she was perfectly capable of handling herself in a battle against another Genin. 

WC - 397

Edited by Meiko

Yes, we as a whole rejoined. For the reality, these individuals looked great. I ain't discussing love down here basically saying these did not regard hang out with. Indeed, things were pushing forward and it was the ideal opportunity for the youthful shinobi to proceed onward. They all made some fabulous introduction's however gracious well Zumi held up when Rei said about being ready. All things considered, for the reality, he was constantly arranged for challenges. Time moved as they came to their goal the hot steam was high on the temperature where Zumi was excited for this. The discussion started where it was the ideal opportunity for the individual to enter this hot bubbling child of a creature. " I am constantly prepared to do it, yet the issue is I could bite the dust since I go hard doing this." he at that point thinks for a second. " damn no I am going in." he at that point would ask the Kiyoki. " How about you?

[forgive me bubblys I woke up  and seem to have some nublys sorry for I posted late.]

Shiratori Kiyoko took a moment to evaluate the situation at hand. The mission required them to collect a sample of the steam coming out of those crevices, and bring it back to the village. In spite of its high temperature, the risk involved was low for a ninja. The high rank of the mission probably stemmed from another factor, most likely the fact that they were no longer under the protection of the Mizamura Village. Just by being in the wild, they were exposed to all sorts of unrelated dangers, and the ranking system was supposed to take that into account. In any case, as the assignment specified the need to climb down into one of the crevices as opposed to safely taking a sample from the outside, it was more than guaranteed that a volunteer would suffer scalding wounds. The discussion shifted towards this topic in particular: Who'd be the brave one to take a hit for the team. Normally, being the most patriotic of the bunch, Kiyoko would simply step into the fray and take any scars for the sake of her people, however, this time there was something bothering her that had little to do with the pain that such activity involved.

"A talent like yours contributes in a large way towards the safety of the village." Shiratori commented, after learning Meiko was a medical ninja. Though she could sense courage within her, she also felt some doubt, and so the Kunoichi felt the need to voice her opinion in order to reassure her companion that she was making the right choice. "Do not be ashamed to remain out of danger. Whatever the mission, you are most likely the most valuable asset within the team. Naturally, that means you must remain vigilant, as well..."

It was doubtful that they'd be randomly attacked by this point, but what Kiyoko was trying to convey was that, while Medical Ninja are often kept safe for the sheer advantage their line of technique brings, they are also the first unit a smart enemy would target. Though they were of equal rank, and she wanted to think the girl was aware of this already, Kiyoko couldn't help but to throw in that little reminder, perhaps because she held high respect for Medical Ninja and the sacrifice they made for their people.

Next, the girl turned towards Sezumi, who was clearly the youngest of the crew. He was resolute enough to undertake the challenge, but worried about messing up somewhere along the way. This was a natural response to pressuring situations, and no one could blame him for that. Kiyoko herself wasn't sure she would be able to endure the scalding without letting go of the vial.

"Let's not be so reckless here." Shiratori voiced, after taking everything and everyone into account. "There is a reason why this task was assigned to us Ninja. We do not have to do it the way an experienced hiker would."

In order to demonstrate what she had already implied, Kiyoko molded Chakra and made a quick string of seals before expelling it outwards. The result was a puff of smoke accompanied by the appearance of another Shiratori, which had a physical body just like the original.

"Steam of that level won't be a problem for my Mud Clone to handle. This way, no one will sustain lasting injuries, and Tokiyama's Chakra can be saved for a situation where we might need it more." 

-------

Mud Clone Jutsu

200 CP - 25 CP = 175 CP

WC: 569

Total WC: 864/800

1 person likes this

Rei waited and watched the three before him as he held the vial in the air. First was the girl named Meiko to offer for the role. She seemed eager enough, if a bit hesitant. Yet as she mentioned her skills in medical ninjutsu, Rei's hand slowly closed around the vial as he subconsciously decided against letting her go. Her skills were much too valuable as a support role, to allow her into direct danger. Too eager... he decided about Meiko. Whether she had fully realized the limitations of her role or not, he didn't know. Next, his gaze turned to Sezumi who accepted the role and then second guess himself: ultimately looking to Kiyoko to see if she had any objections. Rei was almost ready to do the dangerous part himself: well, not himself per say... but it would have been his role on this mission.

No, that wouldn't be the case however. Kiyoko aptly commented on the different roles and aspects factored into the mission by Meiko and Sezumi. She had neglected Rei in this regard for some reason. Rei himself could only guess that she assumed he was sufficiently capable of completing the task despite the danger of being scalded. "Meiko. I would feel better about the success of this mission if our medic was ready and unhindered. We can't allow our medic to be injured, especially in the event we run into any unsavory types." He would walk passed Meiko and pat her on the head, quite uncharacteristically of his brooding persona so far. Why had he decided to pat her on the head? Possibly because Rei felt that she was a bit naive and more of a younger sister type than someone who should be putting themselves in danger. Then he walked passed Sezumi and patted the boy on the shoulder, "It's good to be courageous, but having courage requires inner strength and perseverance... and confidence." he would say to Sezumi and then had the vial to the mud clone of Kiyoko.

"Kiyoko is right to have someone expendable do this job. As a clone made of earthen chakra, her mud clone will be mostly unphased by the temperatures of the steam. She is the best choice for the role. Meiko, your role is support as our healer, while Sezumi and my job is to secure the surrounding to ensure we aren't ambushed." he would say while purposefully giving everyone a sense of purpose on the mission. Of course Kiyoko was free to either provide secrity since her clone was going to do most of the work. Or she could stay close to Meiko in case anyone ambushed them and tried to take out their support role first. Either way, there was no real danger from bandits, or so Rei felt. They had very little cause to come to the location: yet this mission was more of an exercise for more dangerous missions. While low on the dangerous factor, it provided them all with the experience needed to operate appropriately in the real deal. As such, Rei wanted to get everyone's minds in the proper mindset. To him, this was more of a practical field exercise. 

Rei brought up his right hand and bit into it fiercely,  Boar → Dog → Bird → Monkey went his handsigns and then slammed his hands down onto the ground to perform the summoning technique, Summoning jutsu: Red Phosphorous Jade Serpent! From the ground, the summoning seal spread forth with his blood and a poof of smoke appeared. From the smoke, a ten foot black and red serpent appeared and wrapped itself slowly around Rei's leg and up his waist as it finally rested its head on his left shoulder and gazed at Rei's teammates with its yellow eyes as though it was saying "Greetings" "My serpent and I will secure the tree line and west side of the crevice while Kiyokos clone gets the steam. Sezumi, you take the south and Kiyoko, you secure the north." Hopefully the task of gathering the steam wouldn't take too long. Rei had purposefully left Meiko out of the instructions. Her role as a medic was somewhat different than their own. It was important for Meiko to learn for herself of her responsibilities as a medical shinobi. Naturally, part of that meant accepting the risks their teammates had to take... even harder, doing nothing and waiting for the worst.

WC-727

CP- 75/100

Red Phosphorous Jade Serpent

Meiko was glad that everyone understood what she was trying to say and would smile when Rei patted her on the head. Her wish had come true, they didn't see her as a useless person that was randomly thrown in with the mix but was instead a valuable resource that could be used to support everyone on the team. It was important that she went unharmed in case of an attack considering they were no longer within the safety of Mizamura Village, they were out in the wilderness where bandits wandered and looked for prey to kill and steal from. She was glad that Rei was taking charge of the mission as he seemed to have the appropriate leadership skills to do so. He made sure that there was no risk of the team getting attacked while the clone gathered the steam.

Meiko thought it was weird that he hadn't assigned her to do anything at first but she'd come to realize that he wanted her to standby and be ready to heal if anyone managed to get hurt or they were confronted by bandits. Although she didn't like the idea of sitting back and waiting to see if anything bad had happened she knew that it was best for her to do this until she became stronger and learned to use something other than use Medical Jutsu. Possibly she could learn Ninjutsu next or study Taijutsu and figure out a way to mix Medical Jutsu into a style, increasing the usefulness of it all. The possibilities were endless and she couldn't wait until she was strong enough to begin training in a different specialization but for now, she'd have to stick with this and do her job without fail. It was vital that she was ready to heal whatever injuries the others might sustain.

"Alright, since it's it's my priority to stay safe and be ready to heal, I'll stay back and make sure that the clone gathers the steam with no trouble. Although, I'm sure that your clone is perfectly capable of gathering the steam quickly and efficiently Kiyoko." Meiko said this simply because she wanted to make sure that everyone knew that she was doing something in the mission. She was worried that someone would think that she wasn't doing enough in the mission and since it was the highest ranking mission she had ever taken she didn't want to disappoint anyone. Meiko wanted to be able to impress everyone by doing something useful but that time probably wouldn't come considering the fact that the mission was simply gathering steam. Although, maybe in the future she would be able to prove that she didn't lack in ability but instead was quite useful due to her specialization in Medical Jutsu.

WC - 476

It truly hurt when that young lady chosen to be a genuine officer taking a chance with her life for us. His certainty all of a sudden dropped truly in a method for where he lost expectation. Zumi observed all that she was stating. He appreciated her and whatever remains of the group yet having that straight feeling as though he was forgotten. He felt distinctive contrasted with his friends. They were more seasoned and more quick witted however the youthful shinobi saw how things were for him. They just needed to ensure and pay special mind to each other figure he didn't have that sort of bond. Particularly Rei, a solid pioneer who can comprehend his partners. Not until the point that Kiyoko was the person who might enter the hot steam. Everybody was doing their part and stepping forward. At that point, Rei showed up applauding his on his shoulder. It felt so unique. So delicate and frosty. A warm welcome to advise him that it's great to have this level of bravery, yet having this quite a bit of strength requires determination... furthermore, certainty. He let these words simmer for a while he needed to. "Much obliged to you, Rei for your kind words. I thought I was only, in the end, you reminded me and am happy." there wasn't no time for Bromance. Shit must be done as congratulated. He proceeded onward to sit tight for guidelines. Meiko was an exceptional young lady who is an ace at Medic. Keeping her behind us is securing the employment. Everybody had a section to do. It came inevitably when everybody was given an undertaking to do. When Rei summoned his genuine monster otherwise known as his serpent it looked cool. Sezumi was requested to take the south it wasn't confused as he made his turn. He contemplated internally while shielding the gathering from the threat. Then he thought for a while. What would it be advisable for me to enhance? Ok, yes all the more training with others what else? He would laugh for a bit. No, what I ought to do is visit my uncle. Yes, I believe that is it… I am a prevalent ninja Afterall. nobody can crush me. I have the immense Sharingan. He at that point would haul out his Katana. Hold up no I should execute my comrades...I feel that will make me stronger. He at that point would think for two or three seconds. No, I shouldn't do that isn't right. He at that point would put his entire hand all over. Once in a while, I am a shit-head my choice dependable drives me to either being executed or gets me killed. I comprehend I've been through harsh circumstances particularly losing my folks at a youthful age. Yet at the same time, I have to change.. He at that point would raise his arm and then look at his hand. " I truly need to comprehend what the significance of comrades is before I turn things around." After all the franticness considerations he at that point would sit tight for basic directions from and the squad holding up quietly.

WC:529

Posted (edited)

"Understood."

Shiratori did not brag, nor did she assume a position of leadership when her proposal became the team's actual plan. Instead, she allowed Rei to be the one to instruct and inform each member of their role in the mission. Perhaps because he was the eldest within the group, Kiyoko's natural response was to think of him as a respectable individual, opinion that would begin to cement itself with the man's sound orders. It would be a lie to say that she was not pleased in the slightest by having chosen the correct course of action -She, in fact, felt proud-, however, the Kunoichi would not let it get over her head.

Slowly, but surely, everyone would begin to walk towards their posts. Kiyoko couldn't help but feel slightly annoyed by Rei's attitude of leaving Meiko out, even though both girls seemed to understand what the boy was trying to teach her by doing that. Shiratori had said it herself: A Medical Ninja was a valuable asset, and their entire career entails patience and sacrifice. It was of utmost importance for them to learn what their role in a squad or army was, because they'd have to stick to it to the very end. Still, a part of the violet eyed ninja wanted Tokiyama not to feel so confined by it. Times were changing, they were still young, and the country was no longer at war. 

Besides, if Medical Ninja do not branch out in any way, they just become sitting ducks for the enemy to eliminate.

"You give my clone and I far too much credit." Shiratori responded in a humble tone. "Please, do help her out."

The mud clone was fearless, much like the real thing. She did not harbor any sort of negative feelings towards the original for being used as a disposable tool. It was true that the fake would have to pay for success with sweat and 'blood', but deep down it just knew that Shiratori Kiyoko would have done the same if she were in her place.

Having borrowed Rei's thin wire for the task, the earthen creation made the final preparations for her descent. The wire was surprisingly tough and unlikely to be damaged by the steam itself. One end was also properly fixed to the nearest tree for safety. Nevertheless, the clone asked Meiko to hold on to it and be ready to act in case something went wrong. Sure, there was no harm done in losing a Mud Clone, but the vial they had received had been crafted exclusively for this task, and finding a replacement would have been difficult.

In the end, nothing extraordinary happened. Without too much trouble, the clone was able to retrieve a sample of the steam below and return to the surface. To the average onlooker, this outcome would perhaps seem disappointing. Who would have thought a B-rank mission could be carried out so easily? But such was fate, and the whole encounter had been anything but pointless. For some, Kiyoko included, this had been their first experience as a group. With more to come in the future, she had found out exactly what it meant to be a part of a team.

"Please, keep your distance. This won't be pretty."

The fake Kiyoko spouted some confusing words right as she handed Tokiyama the sealed vial. Whether the Medical Ninja took heed of her words or not, she would soon find out what the clone meant, for a few seconds later, it would begin to lose its shape and return to its original form, leaving a pile of mood where she once stood. The damage suffered from the steam, coupled with the distance between her and the original had caused her body to decay rather quickly. Regardless, she had left with no regrets, accepting this natural outcome, and sending part of her experience back to the actual Shiratori Kiyoko.

In any case, it was time for the team to gather, so that the main objective would be declared a success.  

-------

WC: 662

Total WC: 1528

Edited by Kiyoko

The plan afterwards went off without a hitch, nor any complaints from the participants. Originally Rei had said no one was the leader and it was true enough. He however, had taken up the role of leadership while out in the field. To him, it felt a little hypocritical, but sometimes it was best to have a strong mind to combine the strength of a group. If they were to do a mission afterwards, he would like to give them the opportunity to lead and see how well they did. That of course, was his own sort of test of their character. He trusted no one and doubted everything- only their actions could prove him wrong. So far, they seemed capable and willing to work together: thus, he had no complaints himself and quietly took up his post while his serpent slithered away to his side to secure the next post.

The next bit of time was uneventful, nothing appeared before him except a little white rabbit who had accidentally run through the grass and found itself inside the jaws of Rei's serpent. Finally, when the mud clone was finished and handed the vial to Meiko: Rei knew it was time to move. He stood up and went back to the center near Meiko. "Alright everyone, the mission is almost complete. All we have to do is get back to the village. Let's go." he would say out loud to alert the others that they were ready to leave. His serpent would slither its way back up his leg and onto his back as the group would prepare to move out. Not a bad mission I guess... he thought to himself, not willing to admit that he was pleased with the outcome of the mission and its participants. Once back in the village, he would entrust one of the others, likely Meiko to turn in the vial. He himself went back to his quarters.

[Exit]

CP-65/100

WC-323

Total WC- 1,746

Meiko would watch as Kiyoko's clone descended into the crevice to gather the vial of steam that was required for their mission to be deemed a success. Her clone would soon come out of the crevice and would hand Meiko the vial of steam before breaking down into a pile of mud. Meiko would happily accept the vial of steam and would slide it into her pocket. She wanted to have the responsibility of turning the steam in for the team since she hadn't done much. It was disappointing that the mission was so easy but Meiko didn't mind, getting attacked by bandits didn't sound all that fun anyways. If they had weapons and decided to focus on her she would be helpless and would probably die in the mission.

As everyone began to exit the steamy area to return the village Meiko would follow. She would enjoy the feeling of the cold air on her skin and would begin to stop sweating. The steam made it way too hot for her to be around that area, she could barely stand it. Meiko could only imagine how it'd feel to visit another village, she'd probably have to wear little to no clothes just so that she could bear the heat. She was happy to call this place her home though and was glad that her comrades were all so nice.

When they finally arrived at the village Meiko would say, "It was a pleasure working with you all! I'll turn in the vial of steam so that you all can go home and relax." Meiko would then split from the group and would turn in the team. Soon after she would return home thinking about how it'd be nice to do a mission with the three of them again. That Sezumi kid was a little weird but she didn't mind, as long as he didn't attempt to kill anyone or anything. If he did she'd end up killing him and wouldn't feel guilty about it. The village didn't need a little freak who was hungry for blood running around the village.

WC - 365

TWC - 1,418

[Exit]

Shiratori Kiyoko was perfectly capable of looking after herself. Her upbringing had molded her into a fearless, independent, tough woman, albeit at the expense of some key parts of her childhood. In all likelihood, she could have carried out this mission on her own, completing its objective without breaking a sweat. However, the experience of having been part of a team, if only for a few hours, had been priceless to her who, despite having found 'family' in the Water Village, still felt lonely from time to time. Perhaps it was soft and idealistic of her to wish that the four of them could one day form a more solid team, regardless, the truth of the matter was that she found herself asking for the way back home to last as long as possible. Words weren't needed to enjoy the inner peace she had discovered, not for her.

Meiko, Sezumi, and also Rei. It was too soon to speak well of them, or even trust them. In spite of this, the Kunoichi had already engraved their names in her memory. It was not part of a mental exercise or the mere habit of gathering information. She had done so naturally, because a part of her felt curious and drawn to them.

"..."

When each member of the group decided to walk their own separate ways, Kiyoko strangely found herself out of words. It was not like her to be shy, quite the contrary, she was used to voicing her thoughts, most of which were objective and professional in nature. However, this time she simply failed to convey her desire to reestablish contact somewhere in the future. She could have easily given others her address or contact info, but by the time she managed to gather the necessary courage, everyone had already left. Shiratori then let an ironic sigh, as if finding something funny in particular, before flexing her legs in anticipation for her next move.

The girl made a huge leap and landed on the closest building within the Outer Rim. Moments later, her figure suddenly vanished, as if kidnapped by the evening's gentle winds.

-------

[Exit]

WC: 348

TWC: 1876