Ranking | C, B, A, S 
Element(s) | N/A
Specialty(s) | Ninjutsu 
Energy Cost

C-Rank: 15 CP Activation, 5 CP Per Post

B-Rank: 25 CP Activation, 10 CP Per Post

A-Rank: 30 CP Activation, 15 CP Per Post

S-Rank: 50 CP Activation, 20 CP Per Post

Handsigns | Rat - Dog - Tiger - Dragon - Hare - Snake (Three to six hand signs depending on rank used) 
Range

C-Rank: 15 Meters

B-Rank: 20 Meters

A-Rank: 25 Meters

S-Rank: 30 Meters

Duration

C-Rank: 3

B-Rank: 3

A-Rank: 4

S-Rank: 4

Description | The Shadow Bind Technique allows the user to send their shadow across surfaces, connecting to other shadows, to a target. Once it reaches the target it will connect to their shadow and prevent them from moving. This paralysis does not extend to the face, allowing any afflicted victims to continue speaking. The user can bind as many victims as they can stretch their shadow out to touch. 
Other Effects | The range of the jutsu can be increased by connecting the user's shadow to preexisting shadows or by using a source of bright light such as a flash bomb to artificially increase the size of the users shadow. 
Requirements | Ninjutsu 
Status | Open 

Edited by Jinpachi

Sorry, had an imitation in there since I copied your page for efficiency, it is a different jutsu though, it does not have the mimicry aspect. 

You are using essentially the same mechanic just giving up mimicry, too similar to what they do for me to be able to accept it. If I did there would be almost no difference between having a Nara and anyone else.

What mechanic do you want me to give them? Binding/Manipulating people and things is what literally all Shadow jutsu do. You've restricted the most basic form of it. 

So the Nara techniques works by connecting shadows to bind a target you've done absolutely nothing different with this one. Do it differently than that because that is a Clan restricted technique. You are free to learn the Nara technique though if you find one to teach it to you. 

Just now, Drak said:

So the Nara techniques works by connecting shadows to bind a target you've done absolutely nothing different with this one. Do it differently than that because that is a Clan restricted technique. You are free to learn the Nara technique though if you find one to teach it to you. 

So what I'm just not allowed to do any shadow jutsu that involve my shadow grabbing a victims shadow? That's 95% of all Shadow Jutsu. 

I'm using the less effective archaic version of Shadow Imitation. There's a lot less you can do with it and in canon it was a technique that literally wasn't used any more. 

Yes, I am saying that the Nara have dibs on their shadow grabbing another persons shadow in a Ninjutsu format setup like this. This is the same tech, one fewer perk, but the same thing so I am saying no.

There are other ways to bind in a shadow without throwing your shadow across the field like Shikamaru, you'd be able to make those.  

That's completely unreasonable. You can claim not only canon jutsu but the simple mechanics of the most basic of those jutsu? 

That's like telling me yeah I can make my own Akimichi jutsu they just can't involve you manipulating the size and shape of your body or use calories as chakra in any way because I'm from the wrong village. Well they're not Akimichi jutsu then. 

Are there even any Nara on the site? I searched Shadow Imitation under all content and nothing came up other then the three topics you made for juts and this topic. 

Currently there are not any Nara on the board. You can make size change jutsu, they just can't be built around the calorie control stuff, that is restricted to that clan. We've already had someone do size changing without using the exact same mechanism and it got approved.

I've got no interest in arguing about the rule that's written about restricted content. This Jutsu has been made and is restricted to the Nara Clan, if you have anything else to say please PM Soul or Nuitari with concerns. They are free to overrule me on this if they'd like. 

So not only can you claim the foundation upon which shadow jutsu are built and tell me I need to reinvent the wheel if I even want to use them but it's restricted for the benefit of 0 people? 

I assume that you weren't just joking when you said I could learn it from a Nara if I could find one while knowing that none exist, so I guess I'm going to just rp learning them from a Nara clan NPC, right? 

The Nara head NPC would be controlled by the Village Kage. So if  you can get Kabel to approve then I wouldn't have any issue with it. 

Does the Head Nara personally teach every single Nara clan member how to use all their jutsu? He's the only one allowed to teach people? 

He's the only one allowed to teach people until we have active Nara who can make that decision for themselves. 

Essentially the npc is just a mechanism for us to give the Kage control of the clan's in their village until an active member picks them up. 

Edited by Drak