Jutsu Name | Unnatural Hypnosis
Jutsu Type | Genjutsu
Ranking | B Rank
Element(s) | ----
Specialty(s) | Genjutsu
Energy Cost | 25 initial, 10 upkeep

fxg11.jpg.b359da67d517ebd2a5a10686e411f6b4.jpg

Handsigns | Monkey - Snake - Monkey - Snake
Range |  20 meter distance (10 meter  aoe)
Duration | 3 Posts
Description | Triggered by the peripheral or direct sight of flying object (bird, projectile weapon, leaves in the wind) causes those trapped in a 10 meter area or a single target up to 20 m away to become hypnotized. The fascinating pattern of the clouds, leaves, shuriken in the air, or a flock of birds flying by for example causes the target(s) to feel confusion, obsession, and distraction. They stare in wonder at the object(s) in question and admire the ethereal beauty of the thing. The genjutsu causes the user to believe that more than a flying object is passing them by, but is performing tricks. For example, a shuriken flying through the air might spin around like a star at first and then move in wide sweeping motions forming an infinity sign, or a flock of birds might try out a new synchronized flying excerise. Whatever they see is truly captivating and special, unique and rare a sight, but not necessarily fantastic as perhaps the birds imagined would actually be doing a mating flight dance or something. It can be passed off as real for a time, until broken, but the targets are usually stationary, frozen with the captivating sight unless they realize it isn't real. How real it appears depends on the intelligence of the target and the way the flying object appears to move based on the user's discretion. Leaving the area of effect will break the genjutsu of applied as an area of effect jutsu to start with.
Other Effects | Confusion, distraction, and obsession of the object causes the targets difficulty in noticing the illusion and can make the genjutsu more difficult to break.
Requirements | Genjutsu
Status | Public

So this is worded strangely because you are creating a simple illusion and then deciding how a person will react to it which is much less genjutsu and much more mind control. 

So creating the illusion that effects what a character would do is fine, for instance if I saw a shuriken doing an infinity sign my character would react to that, it would change what he'd do in his next action if he wasn't seeing it, but he wouldn't stand there and stare at it. 

So you could argue that "Well it draws them in." and that is fine, it can have an attraction element but trained Shinobi are always going to be able to say that they aren't putting themselves at risk to stare at something weird. You are creating an illusion but reacting to it has to be on them. If your illusion was more tangible, for instance sinking into the earth, then they'd have to deal with believing they were sinking, all you are doing is giving them something strange to look at so while that should effect the way they move it shouldn't stop them from doing so.   

You're right.  Absolutely. I want to just delete this then, no idea how to alter it to not control an action, and I spaced that that was basically what I would be doing. My b.

• Word Counter

Word Counter