Jutsu Type | Bukijutsu
Ranking | B
Element(s) | N/A
Specialty(s) | Bukijutsu
Energy Cost | 25 SP + 25 CP

Handsigns | N/A
Range | Touch
Duration | Instant 
Description | The user manually stimulates the spirit of a held weapon or object, enlivening it for a brief moment. Then, with an astounding display of dexterity and strength, the user launches the item with immense power. The trick to this is that it arises from a resting pose or otherwise seemingly impossible to execute hold on the weapon due to the added help of the weapon spirit doing much of the lifting, resulting in no tells prior to the attack. For instance, the user could launch a kunai that he held in his fingers as powerfully as if he had wound up with an entire arm, making this technique very tricky as one would not expect such force from such a compact position. Weapons used with this gain one rank in speed/range and are considered to have power equivalent to that of a B rank jutsu.
Other Effects | For certain weapons and situations, the user can re-catch the weapon before it flies fully away instead of flinging it as a projectile. For example, a spear, which has a very long shaft, could be launched forward with the hand near the tip and caught near the end of the hilt, meaning the user would not need to lose control of the weapon. This can be done for projectiles which have handles (not shuriken or anything like that), so long as they do not exceed one meter of the user. 
Requirements | Tataru bloodline
Status | Clan Restricted

Edited by Duke

Hello! I'll be grading this Jutsu and giving it a 1/2 stamp once you fix the issues I've found:

1. At most, a B rank Jutsu can boost a single attribute a full rank. For projectiles, I, personally, will be fine to have them count as if thrown by someone of one rank higher than the user. Given that you pay 50 SP for a technique that only lasts a single post, I think it'd be acceptable to allow the same to apply for other weapons you describe, provided you make all the corrections needed within this post. 
  2. Surprise should not be included within this Jutsu's description, as it is purely related to the context in which it is being used. You couldn't get another rank up anyways, so simply remove it. If you do catch someone by surprise with this, they'll be forced to acknowledge it and act accordingly. That applies to all other Jutsu.
  3. Adding a slight curvature or performing slightly more complex maneuvers with your weapon and/or projectiles should reduce the effectiveness somewhat, let's say half a rank as opposed to a full one. Feats that go further than that should not be able to be performed at this rank. From what I can tell, this is meant to be used on simple, straight-line moves as opposed to complex ones. Make sure it is used that way.
  4. Minor: Range should be touch or immediate, whichever word you preffer, as this only works on a weapon within your grasp. The maximum range a thrown projectile can reach does not go there, and does not need to be included, as following the rules of 'being thrown by someone one rank higher' explained in 1. should be more than enough. 
Edited by Kiyoko

1. I was told that the throw speed of a projectile is the same as its power, so I just said it gets a rank in both, but they are apparently the same thing? I'm not totally sure on that honestly but that was the last I heard.

2. It didn't actually increase the speed, just appeared to be. I just like to be specific I guess since this technique is basically just a surprise. Removed.

3. I do not understand this; there's no curvature or anything here? It's just a throw. I guess a boomerang or something like that would curve, but that's just the nature of the weapon, not this technique.

4. Changed. But how far can an A rank throw something?

Shuriken, which are a common ninja tool, can be thrown in a straight line like kunai or given curve when thrown. My concern is that someone might try to use this in conjunction with more complex throws to gain an unfair advantage in combat. If, in the design you had in mind, this has never been a possibility, please leave it clear somewhere in the description. Do this and you have my 1/2.

Regarding 1 & 4, another staff member will get you back on those when they evaluate the Jutsu themselves, as i must confess i am not entirely sure. I will do my research.

Edited by Kiyoko

I'll offer my opinion on the matter. As far as thrown distance for a projectile attack, the range of the attack would vary depending on the level of the jutsu used to augment the weapon itself. Such as using this jutsu at B Rank means the range would be 20M linear throw. Of course, it's possible yo throw a weapon further depending on situation, but the effectiveness of this jutsu would lose it's ability after surpassing the B Rank range.

I'm not totally sure what else this needs... I'm sorry I'm so confused. 

@Kiyoko, for your point on the curvature, do you mean you would like to make this technique not fusable with things like Kabel's "The Art of Throwing," which artificially changes the trajectory of weapons? Or if you threw something with, by its design, curved (like a boomerang) would it then move straight or would it still curve? I'm just trying to figure out which scenarios (possibly all) would get restricted and then we can finish up, yes?

I personally do not mind if you use other jutsu like the one you mention to slip past the restrictions mentioned. However, without jutsu aid, this works in a straight line. You wouldn't normally be able to use this on a boomerang.

Leave this clear and you can consider this 1/2 approved

Oh yes yes, that's totally fine! I'll edit in a clause at the end in just a moment. Thank you much!

Update: Cost changed to half SP half CP. Needed some kind of chakra power and I forgot to do that in the first place. 

Moved back to creation due to necessary changes with the jutsu guide.

Jutsu Name | Smart Strike
Jutsu Type | Bukijutsu
Ranking | B
Element(s) | N/A
Specialty(s) | Bukijutsu
Energy Cost | 25 SP + 25 CP

Handsigns | N/A
Range | Touch
Duration | Instant 
Description | The user manually stimulates the spirit of a held weapon or object, enlivening it for a brief moment. Then, with an astounding display of dexterity and strength, the user launches the item with immense power. The trick to this is that it arises from a resting pose or otherwise seemingly impossible to execute hold on the weapon due to the added help of the weapon spirit doing much of the lifting, resulting in no tells prior to the attack. For instance, the user could launch a kunai that he held in his fingers as powerfully as if he had wound up with an entire arm, making this technique very tricky as one would not expect such force from such a compact position. Weapons used with this gain one rank in speed and power(The new jutsu guide only permits C Rank buffs to increase a stat buff by 1/2 rank). Weapons flung with this will go in a straight line unless acted on by some additional force/technique.
Other Effects | For certain weapons and situations, the user can re-catch the weapon before it flies fully away instead of flinging it as a projectile. For example, a spear, which has a very long shaft, could be launched forward with the hand near the tip and caught near the end of the hilt, meaning the user would not need to lose control of the weapon. This can be done for projectiles which have handles (not shuriken or anything like that), so long as they do not exceed one meter of the user. 
Requirements | Tataru bloodline
Status | Clan Restricted

This is a B rank buff though. Is the strength of a thrown weapon still the same as its speed? Should I just wait for the new weapon guide for this?

Buffs and Debuffs

So what are buffs and how do they work here on Shinobi Generations? Well the first thing to keep in mind is that while we don’t have detailed stats we do operate off the rank stat system, so an A-Rank is physically superior to a C-Rank at all times. So our buffs and debuffs will operate out of that prism. There are lots of way to get buffs, be it with modes, specific jutsu, or sometimes body modifications, below is an idea of how much you can Buff/Debuff at each rank.

Hide contents

E-Rank Should not Buff or Debuff anything

D-Rank | Buffs are primarily technique based and do not affect stats (ex. Thermal Vision could buff sight because it’s thermal vision, but that wouldn’t physically make you superior, it would just change the way you see.)

C-Rank | Buffs and Debuffs can move a single physical trait ½ rank up or down. So I would be the top or bottom of my rank in physical power, movement ability, reflex recognition, etc. Keep in mind that because we don’t have common stats you have to be very clear what you are buffing/debuffing when using them.  

B-Rank | Buffs and Debuffs can move a Two physical traits ½ rank up or down or a single trait 1 Rank up or down  

A-Rank | Buffs and Debuffs can move 1 physical trait 1 rank up or down or buff/debuff a whole character by a half rank.

S-Rank | Buffs and Debuffs can move two physical traits 1 rank up or down or buff/debuff a whole character by half a rank..

SS-Rank | Buffs and Debuffs can move all physical traits up or down 1 rank, essentially treating the person a rank higher or lower all around.

X-Rank | So at X-Rank you are considered God Tier on the site and there isn’t a way to really go above that, any buff used would simply place you at the very top level of X-Rank. You may Debuff up to 2 Ranks in two physical traits or 1 Rank in all around ability.

Weapons do not have stats that can be buffed and the buff system was designed for a living ninja's physical attributes anyways. Lets keep this simple: The projectile weapon gains the properties of a B rank jutsu (Speed, Power, Range). Sounds good?

Before we proceed, it is my understanding that a weapon thrown by a B ranked ninja would have the qualities of a B ranked jutsu. Is this an accurate assessment?

it is not my area of expertise but i am going to have to say no, for the same reason a b rank ninja punch does not equal b rank jutsu power without back up from a taijutsu technique. 

Just stepping in for the subject on throwing weapons, a thrown weapon travels at the speed and the distance of user's rank as based on the jutsu ranks. Damage is based on the weapon itself, a weapon launched from a bow or something else of the sort travel at one rank higher speed and its strength is based on the rank of the launcher. 

With that in mind, what I hear is:

If I at C rank throw a spear, it will travel with C speed/distance, and have "damage" or "power" more or less equivalent to the rank of that spear? Let's say that spear is B rank. If I buff that throw with this jutsu, what will happen? It will move at +1 rank speed? Have +1 rank power? 

@Kabel Waltenden, correct me if I am wrong

Damage of the spear is not determined by rank. Assuming it has no attached abilities/mechanisms/whatever, and ignoring vital points, etc. A C rank spear will dish the same amount of damage as an E rank. The former will just have a better quality and is likely to cut/stab through material better, but the damage both deal against a living target is interpretative and roughly the same.

So in the first scenario, if a C rank ninja throws a spear, it will travel at C rank Speed over C rank distance. If it lands on a target, the damage dealt will be equal to "you just got hit by a spear". A similar outcome will occur if you throw an E rank spear.

Second scenario, you buff you spear with this Jutsu. Spear will travel at A rank speed over A rank distance. It will do damage equal to a B rank jutsu, since the technique itself acts as the launcher. Since it is a spear, It will most likely deal heavy damage at that speed, no matter where it hits.   

Ok then, final point of clarification. Will something buffed with this move at "A rank speed/range" or at "+1 rank speed/range?"