Tenshi

Infinite Swords Style.

10 posts in this topic

33ygikz.png

Name | Infinite Swords Style (無限一刀流, Mugen Tōryū)

Elements | -

Specialties | Bukijutsu.

Abilities |

• Ittōryū- The one handed & Two handed style, the user holds one blade with either one hand or both hands. The user utilizes one handed and two handed swords as easily as another would use a one handed and two handed sword. Strikes function at 1 rank higher. 

• Nitōryū- The Duel Handed Style, the user holds two blades on each hand. The user utilizes duel blading as easily as another would use a one handed and two handed sword. Strikes function at 1 rank higher. 

• Santōryū- The Triple Threat Style, the user holds one blade on each hand the third will be held on his mouth. The user utilizes three swords as easily as another would use a one handed and two handed sword. Strikes function at 1 rank higher. 

• Yontōryū- The Fatal Four Style, The user holds two blades on each hand in between his fingers (one in between his pinky and his index finger and the other on in between his middle finger and his pointing finger.) The user utilizes Four swords as easily as another would use a one handed and two handed sword. Strikes function at 1 rank higher. 

• Gotōryū- The Five Way Dance Style, the user holds two blade on each hand in between his fingers like Yontōryū but with an addition of a fifth blade in his mouth. The user utilizes Five swords as easily as another would use a one handed and two handed sword. Strikes function at 1 rank higher. 

• Rokutōryū- The Six Edge Claw Style, the user holds three blades on each hand in between his fingers like Yontōryū but this time in between his index and his middle finger there's another blade. The user utilizes Six swords as easily as another would use a one handed and two handed sword. Strikes function at 1 rank higher. 

• Nanatōryū- The Seven Crawler Style, the user holds three blades on each hand in between his fingers like Rokutōryū but an additional six blade on his mouth. The user utilizes Seven swords as easily as another would use a one handed and two handed sword. Strikes function at 1 rank higher.

Equipment | Blades.

Description | A sword style based on using and manipulating several weapons at once and switching between the amount of weapons he can utilize at a time. A dangerous and precise style that makes the user utilize swords with his hands, in between his fingers, and mouth; the style is most dangerous when combine with a specific technqiue that allows the user to surround himself with his own blades and move along with them; making the user a menace at close range combat. Each style within the infinite swords style has its own unique stance and swordplay, with there own techniques. 

Cost by Stage |

• Ittōryū- 2 SP per post.
  • Nitōryū- 2 SP per post.
  • Santōryū- 2 SP per post.
  • Yontōryū- 4 SP per post.
  • Gotōryū- 4 SP per post.
  • Rokutōryū- 4 SP per post.
  • Nanatōryū- 6 SP per post.

Origin | Created during the great shinobi war this style was used only by master swordsman. After the war was done the style was nearly unknown and unheard of but very few villages actually had member that still knew the style just never teached it unless another war was going to start. Until a Mifune father thought the style to Mifune so one day he can teach it to another generation.

Availability | Mifune Kamikaze.

Edited by Tenshi

How do the swords float in front of him? This sounds more like a jutsu than a style.

It still doesn't seem to be much a style, looks like a buff technique to me. A style is the basis of how you fight. In this case I would focus on the acrobatics and the ability to actually hold multiple weapons at a time so that they are all considered to be useful. A combination of Killer Bee and Mifune from Soul Eater is how I imagine you want this to work.

On 7/18/2017 at 11:58 AM, Kabel Waltenden said:

A style is the basis of how you fight. In this case I would focus on the acrobatics and the ability to actually hold multiple weapons at a time so that they are all considered to be useful.

Follow this. Right now, you're just explaining the amount of equipment of each stage, but you are not connecting it to the way that you actually utilize that equipment. Like he said a style is the way one fights. Simply stating that the user is holding x amount of swords isn't explaining how the user utilizes those swords in combats.

I'll use examples:

Kabel's Gatotsu uses the guidance of a blade to thrust at a higher speed, along with resets of the original starting position to combo his opponents. 

Iaidō uses the unsheathing of a blade to exploit openings.

Killer Bee's sword style uses acrobatics and multiple areas of his body to send small swords in multiple directions in a controlled manner while incorporating it with Taijutsu.

See how those examples all explain what movements the style makes use of it. What you're doing is saying "I get this buff when I get this many swords" but you're not explaining how. 

Okay, feel free to make some jutsu regarding something similar to this then, and try to get it approved. Its a cool concept, and the way you originally wrote it could work as a Bukijutsu. 

• Word Counter

Word Counter