Jutsu Type | Supplementary 
Ranking | D
Element(s) | N/A
Specialty(s) | Bukijutsu
Energy Cost | 5 CP + 5 per turn

Handsigns | N/A
Range | Touch
Duration | 2 posts
Description | The Tataru clansman takes a weapon or item he currently holds and partially transmutes its spirit, giving it adhesive properties. When striking another weapon, person, or object, the user can will the spirit to latch onto that of whatever is touched, fusing the two together. The strength of this adhesion is at the same power level as the user's rank, as if the user himself were simply gripping onto the thing in question.
Other Effects | N/A
Requirements | Tataru
Status | Clan Restricted

Jutsu Name | Sticky Hold
Jutsu Type | Supplementary 
Ranking | D
Element(s) | N/A
Specialty(s) | Bukijutsu
Energy Cost | 5 CP + 5 per turn

Handsigns | N/A
Range | Touch
Duration | 2 posts
Description | The Tataru clansman takes a weapon or item he currently holds and partially transmutes its spirit, giving it adhesive properties. When striking another weapon, person, or object, the user can will the spirit to latch onto that of whatever is touched, fusing the two together. The strength of this adhesion is at the same power level as the user's rank, as if the user himself were simply gripping onto the thing in question. The strength of jutsu are based on the strength of jutsu & not a shinobi's rank. The adhesive's stickiness would be as strong as the jutsu rank used. This is to prevent inconsistencies within the jutsu guide/system.
Other Effects | N/A
Requirements | Tataru
Status | Clan Restricted

Oh. This is like... not in any way useful then. So I guess it can be archived.

It's still useful! Mostly situational, but say you wanted to render another Buki-user useless. Cross weapons with them and apply this sticky compound to lock your weapons up. Chances are they've only invested in their prized weapon and that leaves them at a greater disadvantage against someone who has prepared for such situations beforehand. I tmay not be ideal for what you intended, but it still has its merit- though i'll archive it for you if you want.

I did intend it for just that scenario: sticky someone's weapon and then deprive them of it. But if the adhesion is only D rank strength, anyone can break it with very little effort. A simply twist of the wrist would break it, right?

Correct, but if you made it a scaling jutsu then all you have to do is apply however much CP is required to make a higher grade adhesive. Granted the adhesive strength would be limited to your maximum skill level. But say you did S Rank Adhesive: a shinobi two ranks or so would be incapable of separating from the adhesive. You could yank their weapon from their hands, use a whip & wrap it around them with the adhesive or even make your own grip so sticky that no one could knock your weapons from your hands.

Right, but at 100 chakra to produce something which can disarm someone I may as well blow them up or sink their village. I'll recalculate a bit, but at ~1/4th of my chakra there are just better ways of disarming someone. 

It can always be requested out of the archive, right?

• Word Counter

Word Counter