Neah Ryotoji

Kaguya Weakness disscussion

Question

So Here i am looking at the kaguya clan and i see something that really bugged me.   Skeletal Manipulation: Those blessed with Shikotsumyaku are able to infuse their skeletal structure with chakra to control their bone growth, calcium deposits, and even skeletal structure and shape. The user is able to expel bone through the skin from the body or create extra; any removed bone will near instantly regenerate while the skin heals over. The regeneration does not prevent the user from experiencing pain as the bone leaves the body. I would like very much to disagree with that. Since this ties in with  Living in Pain: Manipulating the skeletal structure and causing bone to protrude through the flesh is a painful experience, using techniques will cause the user varying degrees of pain.

Cannonly speaking Kimimaro didn't even bat a eye when he pulled bones out from his body. Heck he ever ripped out his own spinal cord and was darn near smiling. Now I'm not saying eh was a masochist like hidan But i think it stand to prove that that is a benefit to the kaguya clan. Its the whole point of the bloodline to be able to create bones without experiencing any discomfort for the user. Could say the same thing with kaguya when she made her ash killing bones. The bone protrusion shouldn't be painful though whatso ever is all im saying. I do not wish to step on the creators toes and what not but im my honest opinion i think that should get removed. I mean if they experience in pain  everytime they go into battle thats going to effect them every single time they try to make a bone weapon of some sort thus rendering them open to attack while they are experiencing the pain but Kimmimaro nor any of the kaguya showed that at all.

14 answers to this question

They nerfed all the KG into the ground with drawbacks. The Hyuuga and Uchiha basically go blind from overuse and so on. However they took it one step further with Kaguya. Instead of having the drawback be temporary they made it permanent which in that case isn't 'fair'. It should be a temporary decrease in physical rank if it's overused in a thread. Not permanent. 

The pain thing isn't that big of a deal. You'll feel pain for like .5 of a second since it automatically heals. Can't feel pain from something that is healed.

----

Also for those who think Kimimaro was sick from his KG, you're an idiot. 90% of the fanbase agrees that it was TB and was unrelated to his bloodline. Same with Itachi and his disease.

derpbob.jpg.c47b1e913f5635c0f92dd18c2a232f08.jpg

----

In the end all the KG need drawbacks on this site. So what do you suggest as a drawback instead of pain?

I'll just go ahead and post "Just completely ignore the canon" so no one else has to. *looks at Kabel* 

I do agree that the weakness to the KG that was supposed to give you the strongest body for Taijutsu making you weak and frail are pretty silly. They should be reworked into something more thematically appropriate when the staff has time. 

1 person likes this

When the new bloodline system comes out you can feel free to remake canon clans that no one is currently part of, staff will retain the right to put them in villages. 

14 minutes ago, Drak2 said:

When the new bloodline system comes out you can feel free to remake canon clans that no one is currently part of, staff will retain the right to put them in villages. 

I'll trade you a Aburame for Nara 

If you really want the Nara run missions to try and take them IC, sure Lightning would respond if you tried to fracture our relationship with a prominent clan, but hell you may succeed and at the worst you could say you lost your arms trying :)

21 minutes ago, Drak said:

If you really want the Nara run missions to try and take them IC, sure Lightning would respond if you tried to fracture our relationship with a prominent clan, but hell you may succeed and at the worst you could say you lost your arms trying :)

I am very sure that trying to sway NPC Nara controlled by Kabel out of Kabel's village would be a highly successful endeavor. 

I mean, you'd run missions trying to false flag Nara vs Lightning, then after enough of these missions there would be an event or something where they called out The Kage (Keep in mind the Lore Masters would run the Nara in this scenario) and depending on how the Kage dealt with said event the Lore Master would decide on the course of action. 

Keep in mind, while you do this if we run a mission to intercept you there will be conflict. 

8 minutes ago, Drak said:

I mean, you'd run missions trying to false flag Nara vs Lightning, then after enough of these missions there would be an event or something where they called out The Kage (Keep in mind the Lore Masters would run the Nara in this scenario) and depending on how the Kage dealt with said event the Lore Master would decide on the course of action. 

Keep in mind, while you do this if we run a mission to intercept you there will be conflict. 

If I can rework Nara into having a weakness other than only one element I'd just take it and be a Missing Nin. 

Well I can tell you that there isn't any reason for them to have any weaknesses if you take away the rank decrease to shadow jutsu. 

And you can remake the clan once the new guide comes out as well, and the Nara have no active members..... 

Well it would seem to be silly if they were the only clan with no buff. Are there any others ones that say you can only take one element? Most of the ones I've seen say you can't take a specific element or specialty not just you can only have 1. That seems really harsh for no reason. I'd just rather say they can never take Taijutsu or maybe Medical Ninjutsu and cannot have Lightning Release or something like that. 

I mean most of the clan's should not have buffs in the future system to avoid having weaknesses. And tbh the Nara are the Nara because of their jutsu, not because of any buff I could give them. 

Just now, Drak said:

I mean most of the clan's should not have buffs in the future system to avoid having weaknesses. And tbh the Nara are the Nara because of their jutsu, not because of any buff I could give them. 

I mean that would be easier if that's just universally how it is going to work. 

For clan's built around Restricted techs it's what I would suggest otherwise you could end up with weaknesses that make little to no sense.