Hannah Uzumaki

Smoke them out

8 posts in this topic

Mission - http://shinobi-generations.org/topic/2369-out-with-the-lights/

-- Akane and Hannah --

The scroll in the girl's hands had been rolled close once more and stowed back into the ninja pouch. With that she clapped her hands together and made way into the complex building via the main doors. Through the lobby and up the flight of stairs would she traverse before coming to the residential floor for the orphan family. The mission that the scroll contained while not inherently hard could prove difficult easily if she got too cocky and their numbers too great. As per the usual her choice of partner were family members first before she even teased at doing it with a village ninja she wasn't close to. Moving through the entirety of the floor however it seemed that no one was there. It didn't strike her as odd, but she hadn't remembered anyone saying they were going to be busy today. "Meh." With a sigh she decided to make her way back down to the lobby and wait for one of them to return. "I wonder if they're out training together again...." She thought to herself while bringing a hand to her cheek. "I guess I should at least check the other areas too. One of them is bound to be around." She exited through the door she had entered with hope that she ran into someone.

Not sooner than Hannah had opened the door, Akane pushed against the door hard, possibly even knocking Hannah back. She looked like she was seething, "To hell with all of them! Shinigami, I swear-" The red head blinked, stopping half an inch from slamming her own body into Hannah's. She gasped, taking a sudden intake of breath. Her chest heaved and she stopped standing in the door frame, holding onto each door side with her hands spread wide in front of her. She exhaled slowly, the red color in her angry face fading out.

Akane licked her lips, "Erm- sorry. I didn't hit you did I?" She stepped inside of the lobby and looked apologetic. "I'm just so mad is all. Fricking medics won't let me go into the morgue on my own, all because I snuck in once. It's not like I even broke anything!" The woman fumed, seeming to have plenty of extra energy and as of yet no way to burn it off. She paced back and forth a couple of times, grumbling, and then stopped looking sorry once more at Hannah. She sighed, and then caught sight of the scroll in Hannah's hand. It looked like a mission scroll. Akane rubbed one hand over her forearm, playing with the three golden bangles that dangled from her wrist.

"You and the guys going out for a mission again?" The red head looked a little disingenuous, wishing she could go. She had stuff to work off now. Still, Hannah liked to plan and Akane was in no mood for that. She wore black booties, a short black skirt, and black tight shorts beneath it. On top was her usual cropped halter top, though today in a shade of green that made her light skin glow and her red hair seem brighter. Her jacket had been left somewhere presumably with the heat of the summer day. 

CP: 150

Word Counter: 308

Hannah's own hands were upon the door to push it outward and as Akane took her anger out upon the door it would indeed cause Hannah to quickly jump back before the door hit her. "What the hell?!" She hissed out more to herself than anything. Her face that was once neutral quickly turned into one plastered with annoyance. "Watch what you're doing." Hannah spat towards the person.

As Akane entered the lobby her face would soften a bit, but it was still clear that she was mad. "Oh, it's just you. No, you didn't hit me this time." She listened for a moment to hear Akane's rant before replying to both her rant and her quarry regarding the scroll. "Why would you even need to sneak into the morgue unless you had planned to commit some questionable things to the corpses, medically." She folded her arms after tossing the scroll to Akane. "I was actually going to ask the first person who I saw." Hannah reached out and patted Akane's shoulder before continuing on her way out the door. "Let's get going. You seem to have nothing to do currently. You can read it as we make our way there. Need to find a hideout."

1 person likes this

Akane felt the tension rise a bit as Hannah questioned her motivation. She was as bad as the medics were! "Obviously I am not there to make some sort of puppet show or find a romantic date partner! Seriously!?" She was still freshly annoyed, and Hannah's comments were most unwelcome. She caught the scroll that was tossed her way but interrupted Hannah before she could tell Akane what was in the scroll. "They won't let me study in the hospital so I always have to break in! And now they won't let me in, even though I am a fricking Chuunin, because they said I used to break in when I was younger! It's such bull! How can I practice healing on completely dead people buried in the ground? I need fresh bodies to practice. What if I used chakra scalpel on a living person and I actually cut something important that I could not fix! Anatomy is key, anatomy is really important." Akane was still frowning when she finally let Hannah speak. The red head took a deep breath, smoothed her short skirt and began to open the scroll Hannah wanted her to go? She looked at her waist, her medical kit and senbon launcher clipped to her belt at the ready, her shuriken and kunai in easy reach like always. Her shoulders lowered and she relaxed.

Hannah patted her on the shoulder and headed out the door that Akane had nearly kicked down moments before. The young woman made her way to the door grumbling one last time, "Some day I am going to open a medical school with a training hospital. And anyone can come regardless of their age. Stupid hospital rules saying 'no genin practitioners'. Some day, Hannah, some day." And then she let it go. As she stepped into the street, she peeked into the half open scroll, her eyes skimming for the important mission details. Bad guys, hiding, stop them. Seemed legit, though the scroll mentioned Megu, an uprising crime boss known for her cruelty. Akane had heard she was darker and smarter than the other criminals in the Flame Village and that such titles as "Megu the Malevolent" had arisen with her climb to power. At least it wouldn't be a waste of time, Akane thought. She could work off some of that pent up energy.

The red head moved on through the street and then eventually moved side by side with Hannah. "You have an idea of where to start? It doesn't give a location; I am guessing the volcanoes or the beaches by the cliffs might be smart."

CP: 150

Word Counter: 308 + 427 = 735

Hannah scoffed under her breath as Akane droned on about the hospital. Of course they weren't going to let her practice on real bodies let alone after she broke in. Much like if you broke into a restaurant to learn cooking, they wouldn't just let you in afterwards and let you serve sub-par food to their customers. "Did you ever think to ask if there was a program or something of that nature to do first before they allowed you in?" She wondered if the girl had even taken into consideration that the hospital wasn't a teaching one and only took in certified doctors. She needed to slow her role and do some things by the book. No one wants some overly zealous girl looking after their child even if it was just for the common cold.

She stopped for a moment in the street and shifted her weight onto her right foot while placing her hand upon her waist. "I feel like the volcanic area would be a good place to start." Hannah smiled and shrugged her shoulders as she continued to walk and talk. "However I am biased as I do find them extremely fascinating to say the least. If you have any information as to why the beach would be the better of the locations then I suppose we could head there." 

As the two headed further away from the village and in the direction of the volcano, assuming Akane agreed, Hannah stopped once more at a direction sign and motioned for Akane to hold. Unlike her sister, Hannah was fully decked out in the guild armor from head to toe. She wore the black boots, gloves, flak jacket, cloak and backpack. She quickly took the backpack off and swung it in front of her to take the infamous helmet out. "Just needed to add the final touch." 

Akane rolled her eyes, "Isn't it a bit hot out for that?" But the red head made no other comments concerning her dress. She was used to the others wearing matching outfits as of late. "I think Yougan Tochi is a good place to start. I have been there a couple times. It's a pretty serious hike, lots of hills, lots of volcanoes. Think of the magma destroying any evidence left behind- bandits are probably hiding out there. As are other criminals." Akane chose to take Hannah's lead on this. Hannah probably had gone there even more than she had. Akane went there for the chemicals, the minerals, and the natural onsen. Hannah went to train maybe, but mostly for the view, she wasn't sure. The woman stepped lively following her from the village main, moving out towards the gates, needing to pass through them to get to the outer volcanic region and the settlement even beyond that.

Akane pulled out her senbon launcher and secured it to her arm as they walked. She set the trigger and loaded the senbon as well, precautionary. Her mind should have been on the mission at hand, at flushing out some of the bad guys from a hide out. But her mind was preoccupied with thoughts of blowing up the stupid hospital and making her own. As they made their way, she began to question what she really wanted and started to relax. Akane didn't want to be part of the hospital. She wanted freedom to work, to study. She had spent hours with books and bodies, and even more time in the field collecting sea weed and crafting pure sulfuric acid from the volcanic sulfurous gases. Maybe she was better meant to not serve the genuine populace but something more specific, more niche, and more important than those other dumb nurses.

Her brown eyes flicked over to Hannah, noting that she had been quiet for a while, same as herself. "We should go where you have seen thing before. You probably have seen nooks, crannies, and small vagabond tents and stuff in the area. I bet the criminals out here are always on the move. There has to be a home base and it would not surprise me if it was in a place that appeared too dangerous to go to." Akane's eyes looked up at one of the inactive volcanoes, and then moved across the plane to see an active one in the distance, spewing out black frothy smoke.

The girl shook her head at Akane's remark and responded with a dismissive tone. "I'd rather be hot than open to attacks. Wouldn't you?" The question at it's base was rhetorical and she didn't suspect an answer as it would always be yes from any sane person. In fact the outfit really wasn't all that hot for Hannah even on a sunny day. Maybe there were special gimmicks of the outfit that allowed proper airflow to keep the wearer from overheating or Hannah had just gotten use to it. Either way it was made for combat, which such a mission guaranteed.

Hannah contemplated over some of the areas she had visited as Akane brought up the idea of them hiding in dangerous places. It was a smart notion and one that she agreed with. "I haven't been back up there in a long time so any activity that's happened since then I'd have no knowledge of." They could be hiding out an old magma conduit or secondary vent of an inactive volcano also. The uneducated, which most common criminals were, wouldn't know better to not set up a base in such places. "While I don't disagree that it could be a dangerous place it could also be in some reclusive dormant part of the volcano. We'll need to check all places it seems." The girl sighed while resting her hand on the hilt of the blade that was affixed to her hip as they walked. Maybe she was overdressed for the first part of the mission... It was looking more and more like a game of hide and go seek than anything. 

Akane, for all the time spent putting together her outfits, cared and knew quite a lot about accessories. She had often received inquiries about why she wore dangling earrings or rows of bracelets and armcuffs or scarves on missions. And just as Hannah remarked, it was really her own business. Hannah's provided defense in a practical sort of way, even if Akane thought the clothing unattractive and struggled at the idea of wearing such items herself. In response to the question she posed, Akane knew the woman wanted and needed no answer, and especially since her answer was something about how not wearing those guild items didn't make her any more open to attack, well the red head just kept her mouth shut on it. It would be a stupid debate and Akane didn't like stupid drama or personal debates.

Akane bit on her lip and chewed as she followed Hannah's lead. Hannah made plans, and Hannah was the more technical leader here. But Akane had another thought in order to speed up the process. "If we split up, remaining in certain distance of each other, I could go on ahead and make a lot of noise. Maybe draw out some movement, either to strike or to hide more effectively. Wouldn't have to search as much and it would still keep you hidden." Getting the jump on some people hiding out in Yougan Tochi seemed a good idea. Especially if a group of criminals came out in an attempt to capture Akane, the well dressed, pretty, and accessorized young woman on her own. She could run around, doing something, pretending she was searching for something or someone, and chances were some idiot bandit would peek his head out of his hidey hole.

WC So far: 1442