Daichi Uzumaki

Deciding Flame's New Guardian

10 posts in this topic

It had only been a few hours since the Jounin had walked into the Hikage's tower and asked that the Kage step down, much to their surprise she had done just that and wished them luck in the process. With things now finally able to start moving, the village could move onto the next step in moving forward; deciding on a Kage. Daichi had set it upon himself to decided where the meeting would be held, having settled upon one of the meeting rooms that rested within Hikage Tower. The man had never left but instead went to receptionist to inform her about the situation at hand, and get her help in getting the message out to all of the Jounin and Village Elders. The message had been sent out an hour ago, saying that they should start showing up in an hour to have the meeting discussing the next Hikage. 

Daichi stood in a room that was large enough to hold everyone in it, though it was an odd choice the room contained a long table with chairs along the sides for large scaled meetings. There was more space at the table than was needed for the amount of people that were gonna show, but it still worked. Daichi was standing at the large window that rested at the opposite end of the room's entrance, his arm on the edge of the window as he glanced out into the village. It was so small from where he was, it was weird and it caused a pit to form in his stomach. It went without saying that the man was still dressed within his Jounin attire, dark blue pants and a black shirt under his Flak. His headband was around his forehead, the metal showing the iconic Flame symbol upon it. He'd wait for everyone to arrive.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Yoshinori had left the tower not too long ago, and as such, it was understandably surprising when he was asked to revisit the building for what would be a meeting. Though he couldn't blame the guy who he anticipated as the one who set up the whole thing... Especially considering he had just recently became the Hikage. As he would walk into a meeting room, Yoshinori would notice how large it was. At the center would lie a long table which would have enough chairs for any number of guests. Opposite of the entrance of which he entered would be a large window and near the window, a tall red-headed man who Yoshinori would instantly recall from the previous meeting. 

Though he would be somewhat familiar with the guy's appearance, he had never once stopped to ask for his name; a thought which had bothered him just a bit. Nonetheless though, this was a meeting and such things could wait... He would be more concerned with the meeting itself anyways. Taking a seat, he settled for a simple greeting.

"Hello there. Can't wait to see what this will be about."

Edited by Yoshinori

Hannah didn't stray too far from the tower after the meeting with the previous Kage as she knew they were only taking a short recess to allow everyone time to gather. Once the word got around and people started to flow into the tower once more would she follow and make her way to the meeting room. All those that were called were the previous absent jounin and council members.

Once inside the room the girl noticed Yoshi already there and Daichi across the room overlooking the village currently. Something she noticed people always did. What a cliche brother she had.. She randomly picked a seat on the left side of the table to sit in without saying a word to ether of them. Behind her followed the aforementioned group consisting of five jounin and four council members who all took a seat as well. "Once the rest are here I think it's safe to assume we'll get started. The introduction of course lies in the capable hands of Daichi." 

Jinpachi returned to the tower after being summoned, he made his way to the meeting and entered the room, "Apologies for the delay." He'd say brusquely, taking a seat at the table. 

As everyone had finally settled into the room he would stop leaning on the window and turn to look at everyone in the room, Well, I guess the floor is mine. Which he should've expected seeing he had called everyone here but now wasn't the time to get stage fright,"I'm sure all of you have heard by now that after being asked to step down from her position, Yuri complied. That means that we have to decide on who our next Kage is going to become." Daichi would look around at everyone in the room and then continue,"We don't have any special people to make this decision, or any protocols to follow so I gathered all of our Jounin and the Village Elders that have been here for awhile." He'd raise a hand and rub the nape of his neck,"So whatever happens, before we all can leave this room today, we need to decide who the next Kage is going to be." And with that he would take a seat at the end of the table where he was,"Any suggestions?" He would say as he upturned his hands towards the table, giving the floor to them.

Yoshinori would still be sitting in his chair as he glanced around the table, looking at the two other jonin and the fairly-new Hikage. Though this decision wouldn't really apply until the near future when a new kage would be warranted, it was still a hard decision nonetheless. He had never really met them before the Equalist Rally and the previous meeting, but for some reason they both seemed like good candidates. After thinking for some time however... He had made up his mind.

"I'll choose Jinpachi, though in the event he's indifferent to the decision, my choice will be Akahana."

As he would finish speaking, Yoshinori subtly nodded in satisfaction with his decision before calmly leaving the rest of the meeting to everyone else. Of course however, he would still stay until the results were agreed upon.

After Daichi had made the proper opening speech and Yoshi had cast his vote would Hannah follow with her own thought on who should be Kage. "My vote will be for Jinpachi as well. Although as capable as Daichi is I feel a standard of seriousness needs to be met in a way Daichi can't supply." The girl lightly smirked and motioned her hand towards the group of others that joined them at the table. "The floor is yours now." Her reasoning was just to mess with her brother and she wasn't too worried about which sibling of hers was Kage.

Each of the senior jonin and elders spoke their own veiws and ideals on the matter, albiet short. The total tally of votes thereafter were;

Jinpachi; 4

Daichi; 4

Akahannah; 1

Yoshi; 2

Jinpachi had of course been paying attention as everyone spoke and cast their votes and he knew that as the floor was opened to him that he was currently tied with his brother Daichi to be elected to the position. That made his decision easy. "I vote for Daichi. I understand some peoples trepidation about electing him to the position but that's exactly why he should be Kage. Public opinion of shinobi is at an all time low. The new Kage needs to break the mold. He needs to be someone who can show his face in the light and be openly known to the village and everyone in it for his goodness. That man is not me. I appreciate the faith you have in me but I cannot be Kage. I refuse all nomination." After withdrawing himself from the running the people who voted for him would have to recast their ballots. Yoshinori already stated that he'd vote for Akahana if Jinpachi refused the posistion so that was one for her. Hannah didn't care which brother was elected so hers would then go to Daichi and between the other to Jounin one would vote for Daichi and the other would vote for Yoshinori bringing the total to;

Daichi; 6

Akahannah; 2

Yoshi; 3

1 person likes this

Daichi had been locked onto every word that left each person's mouth, from Yoshinori's votes for both his siblings, to Hannah voting Jinpachi and for a solid reason at that. Honestly it was no surprise that Jinpachi was getting votes, he was the calm, quiet, and collected type and often that drew people to want to follow him. As the rest of the room spoke up on their votes, Daichi would have choked on air if he was bad at keeping his composure, the moment he found himself tied for the title of Kage with his younger brother. His eyes moved towards his siblings as it was his time to vote and, as Jinpachi spoke, Daichi's face changed expression. The truth was that he would have done something similar to Jinpachi, voting his brother and stepping back. But his brother had beaten him to the point and to do the same thing would be, on some level, simply childish.

So when Jinpachi finished and the votes were cast, that left Daichi with his vote. From the moment he called the meeting, he had known who he was going to vote for and it wasn't either of his siblings, part of him felt bad for that but out of them all he had originally thought there was someone best suited for the job. Daichi silently looked around the room for a moment before he let out a sigh,"Though it won't do much to change anything, I want it to be stated that my vote for Kage is Yoshinori." But as Daichi cast his vote, that'd be the last one in the room and things would fall silent.

The vote spoke clearly of who had won but Daichi couldn't decide whether this was a dream or reality, a fact that was shown behind his usually strong gaze. But after silence would linger in the room for a minute or two, Daichi would slowly rise from where he stood,"The voting has been concluded and our new Kage has been decided." The Uzumaki spoke strongly and confident, even with the swelling doubt bubbling in his stomach about how well he could actually do his job,"If there is anyone that truly has something against the way the vote has come out, then say so now."

Yoshinori was more or less surprised upon hearing Daichi speak, though with everyone finished voting he calmly waited until a final consensus would be made. He had to admit, it was somewhat smart of their Hikage to hold this meeting as it provided some sort of insurance in the event something happened to their current leader... Though regardless of their future leader being the same guy, it was even better knowing the Flame would have him as leader for a longer term.

"Everything seems fine to me, Hikage. If this is all, I'll just take my leave now."

[Exit]