20 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

images(2).jpg.ef1b8aead0b1e3fe8a87b354bee3e22d.jpg

Speciality Training: Medical

Current Rank: Beginner

Next Rank: Novice

Wordcount Requirement: 350 (Medical Trainer @Akane)

Edited by Jigokuchō
1 person likes this

Rain had been studying hard and now the time had came for her test so that she could move onto more difficult jutsu and medical procedures. She had easily passed the written part showing her knowledge in basic medical tools like the senbon and scalpel. She was told that should be meeting a special someone in the forest and that they would proceed with her medical training. Rain thought she knew most of the nurses and mednin but obviously this person caused her to a blank. She shrugged her shoulders wrapping her headband around her neck and grabbing her supplies she might need for training. This consisted of her medical kit and roll of senbons. She tied her blue hair back then proceeded to wear her flak jacket. She was now ready.

She started to make her way to the forest as she wanted to be early so that she could pick her trainers brain a little before they started. She paced herself so that she didn't arrive to early and so that she wouldn't tire herself out before the training began. She thought to herself how many people had the opportunity to train and learn in a 1-on-1 type environment. She couldn't think of any and started to feel slightly and made her think bigger plans were in store for her.

TAGS: @Daichi Uzumaki

Word Count: 222

While she was right about being able to get hands on experience, it wouldn't have exactly been in the nature that she would expect. As Daichi would appear through the forest, dressed within a black pair of pants and his Jounin flak jacket, it was clear that he wasn't alone. The man stood at six feet and two inches tall, taller than most people he ran into in the Flame Village. But it mattered not, he had gotten a job to assist a girl with her medical training and the only thing he could think to help with that, was to bring a close friend and his personal medic. She was a previously student of his, even if he was all about punching things and she was basically the opposite.

Either way, he would see Rain and approach her,"Hey there, I'm Daichi Uzumaki. I brought someone who could help." He'd step aside so his friend could introduce herself.

Akane had her long red hair up in a messy bun behind her head. She wore long dangling golden earrings, chains that looked almost like shimmering waterfalls, and three intertwined golden chains danging from her neck and over her chest. She had a senbon launcher strapped to her right wrist, a golden wrist cuff on her left, and she wore plain black ankle boots to match the loose dark black pants she wore, wrapped up at the ankles by medical fabric of some sort. Her top was a plain cropped green shirt, like a wide neck t-shirt she might have personally taken the scissors to, and it showed off her neck and her jewelry quite well. The woman hardly looked like a shinobi dressed in this way, but the medical kit strapped to her hip and the hidden dagger in her cleavage region made her quite a fierce opponent if necessary.

That ferocity and tenacity would not be lost as she entered by Daichi's side. In contrast to his cheery demeanor, Akane was serious, though equally brazen. "I'm Akane. Not Sensei or Akane-sama or any of the dumb traditional stuff. Just Akane. You're looking to train some medical jutsu or are you looking for medical knowledge?" Whether or not she knew the girl's name, she didn't seem to much care. Akane spread her arms wide around the area, indicating the many plants in the forest. "This is a good place to meet for both reasons, though if you are ever looking for help with poisons, toxins and the like, I'm the woman to see on that."

Akane looked the genin up and down and saw someone she could not quite place. The girl looked pretty prepared and certainly not too young. The regular hospital was a bitch to try to get into for programs, Akane learned that the hard way. Akane was more or less, completely self taught. And she was usually the one breaking into the hospital and correcting the nurses and coroners within the walls. She had never really taken on the role of a teacher but knowing that the hospital rarely took genin, and if they did it was to act as errand boys and piss-pan cleaners, Akane was more than happy to oblige a young person interested in the field. The woman revealed that she had been carrying a small shoulder bag by placing it against a nearby tree without any explanation further.

WC so far: 402

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Rain watched as a tall red haired man had arrived introducing himself as Daichi. According to his wardrobe he appeared to be a Jonin and she started to recall seeing him about the village but it was very scarce as she was in and out doing missions that seemed more like chores. She smiled at him waving as her blue hair started to slightly move with the breeze. Upon seeing him a woman stepped from behind him and she was straight to the point. Rain looked at Akane briefly examing her before replying to her. "I require all that you know as a Mednin, I am pretty smart and have a firm grasp of the concept, but considering I am a genin there is always room for improvement and gaining more information. Also poisons and toxins I would love to know the ends and outs so that I can incorporate them into my fighting." Rain continued to look at Akane knowing that this would be some intense training and learning. This was just the push she needed to become one of the best Mednin in the country. "Shall we begin Akane? I am ready when you are" she asked while pulling out a senbon.

@Akane

Word Count: 204

Edited by Jigokuchō

As the two would get down to business, Daichi would let the two of them talk but he would still hang around. Though this wasn't spoken outwardly, the truth is that he would be a great test subject for any type of experiments that would happen. His vitality was great and Akane hadn't let him die before, despite how many times she could have. So while that would prepare to do their thing, Daichi would linger back a bit and allow them to start until he would be needed.

Akane shook her head a little, smiling at the girl's enthusiasm. It was something to say the least. She waved a dismissive hand at the girl holding a senbon and pointed to her own senbon launcher on her right wrist. "You could invest in one of these, you know. It frees up you hands to do hand signs and real work." Akane stepped towards the blue haired girl and narrowed her eyes, thinking to herself. She wondered what sorts of jutsu the girl knew. Truth be told, most medics jumped right in for the healing jutsu. They learned how to apply chakra to heal inside and outside wounds without yet knowing enough about anatomy to really apply them well enough without wasting excessive chakra. It was somewhat silly in her opinion. First came knowledge, then came practicum. The red head tilted her head in Daichi's direction, and knew what he was thinking. He was always happy to let people practice just about anything on him: jutsu, combat, medical experiments. It was a strange quality, but she liked the openness to try new things.

Akane spoke to the girl again, "Do you know about the internal lens jutsu? Have you practiced with it much?" It was her hope that the girl would say she had but she herself doubted the fact. The jutsu was so incredibly useful and saved a person quite a lot of chakra. For someone like herself who had significantly less chakra than her mentor, when it came to combat knowing her close combat skills and knowing how to apply and use correct jutsu saved time and chakra. And someday she was sure it would save lives. She saw the infernal lens jutsu as critical, but if the nameless sky-haired teen didn't have fire release, she knew it could not be helped or taught. Akane had back up plans for her back up plans.

WC so far: 311 + 402 = 713

Posted (edited)

Rain watched as Daichi walked off leaving her to Akane. She looked at the gadget Akane pulled out and then suggested that she get one as well. Rain nodded in agreement knowing it would make it more versatile and a better Combat Mednin. After being asked did she know a particular jutsu she remembered that she needed to  to learn another release before she could utilize it. "No my affinity is water so as of right now I cannot learn it, but it due time I will." Rain was unsure if that would make her less of a Mednin, but she doubted as she had ideas for new jutsu utilizing water.

@Akane

Word Count: 111

Edited by Jigokuchō

He would listen intently to their conversation and while Akane had turned back to look at him, he would wait for an actual cue before coming over. For now it seemed she was getting a reading on where the girl was and while he was more than willing to help, it didn't mean he was going to jump into the fray immediately. Things would happen when they were meant to.

Akane frowned, a little saddened that it wouldn't be quite so easy. But well, nothing ever was. She waved to Daichi, wanting him to walk over and then she pointed with her right hand at him and spoke. "Infernal Lens helps you to see injuries by seeing blood flow and heat patterns. You can tell what wounds are serious, if internal bleeding is there, and if there is an old injury that can be used against a person in combat. Without it I cannot train you much in the knowledge surrounding it, but know this for the future reference: all wounds from bruises to cuts to limb removal will be shown to you from the inside out. That will help you to know which jutsu, external or internal healing is better. The last thing you want to do is perform an external heal on someone who is bleeding inside. Or perform an internal healing and waste precious time and chakra when it is not as bad as it seems."

Akane pulled out a kunai and lifted Daichi's arm. She gave him a quick smirk and then slid the blade over the back of his forearm, making a delicate and cautious line of blood appear. "You can physically see the difference sometimes. Here, he bleeds a little. Bleeding in the arms and legs is largely dependent on how they are angled and the surface area of the cut. Thin cuts produce less blood, but can be more damaging if they are deep. Cuts in the leg, while a person is standing, will cause the blood to flow out more freely and bleed extensively, a real issue." Akane lifted her kunai again and tousled Daichi's hair, using her left hand to cover his forehead and eyes and her right to slice open a cut at his hairline. Immediately it bled nearly double his arm. As his blood slipped down his forehead and over her hand, now obvious to why she had it there (so the blood would not be in his eyes of course), Akane spoke again.

"So tell me, based on that information and what you know. Analyze this cut. It is thin, near the top of his hairline. Why does it bleed so much?"

WC so far: 369 + 713 = 1082

1 person likes this

Rain watched as the lesson began and was really surprised as Akane gave a precise lesson with a rather vivid demonstration on Daichi. Rain followed Akane's word and listened to everything she said. A majority of it was detailed information that in a situation were the Mednin was under intense pressure might forget.

She walked up on Daichi after Akane had sliced his forehead. She didn't have to analyze of why it bled so much because she already knew that the forehead had several blood vessels and with it being such a thin layer of skin it was closer to the surface. She smiled turning to Akane, "The forehead bleeds more because the blood vessels are closer to the surface of his skin, which means the skin is probably thinner in that location also."

One thing about Rain was that she knew her books inside and out and could answer just about any question. Her issue was getting someone to train her to utilize her abilities to their fullest extent. Akane was that person.

@Akane

Word Count: 174

Daichi seemed to finally be put to good use as Akane called him over, which he complied to, where he'd immediately start to get cut up. He didn't really wince when either of the cuts had formed but he was thankful for the way Akane had stopped the blood from going into his eyes. He had suffered blows similar to that before and fighting with one eyes is harder than most people give it credit for. Of course, like a fighter he'd point out,"And obviously all that blood makes it hard, if not impossible to use that eye." Not that anyone needed him to say that but he felt like just standing there saying nothing was weird... Or maybe it was weird because he spoke... It was hard to say.

1 person likes this

Akane nodded at the response. "Exactly. Good, at least you have some book knowledge. That will help you. Too many medical shinobi look at a cut bleeding hard and pull out the large chakra using jutsu. I will teach you an easy jutsu that you can use, up to 5m away from a person. It is a great and quick help in active combat and will save you chakra and time." The red headed woman reached to take Daichi's hand from the uninjured side and slid his fingers up to take the place of her own. "Hold it there a moment, Dai-chan. Almost done." It had been hard for Akane to focus on her mini lesson when she was so bemused by the poor flame haired man's response. He really had no clue about the medical stuff.

Spoiler

You need 600 wc to train and learn this jutsu, Jigo.

Akane spoke while she moved her fingers, "The signs are easy. Hare, Snake for D rank. Hare, Snake, Tiger, for C Rank. What I am teaching you is the Chakra Wrap jutsu. Have you used it or seen it before?" Akane waited politely for an answer, looking over to Daichi and then back. "What you really need to know is the less chakra you put into it, the smaller the bandage. A D rank will give you a chakra bandage about 5 inches long. It doesn't move from where you place it, it doesn't break off from normal wear, and it prevents all substances, even gases, from getting inside." Akane gestured to Daichi's cut arm, holding it up with her right hand while her bloodied hand pointed at his wound. It was clear she wanted the blue haired girl to practice it on his arm. Akane purposely did not tell her how much chakra to use. The girl should be doing two things before even assessing the wound. She should back away and see what the wound looked like, for future reference sake, and she ought to analyze the wound's size to use the appropriate amount of chakra in the jutsu.

WC So far: 1082 + 339 = 1421

Rain continued to watch Akane after successfully answering her question. Akane moved onward as she talked and started with a new jutsu. "No I haven't" she answered after being asked if she had seen or used the technique. Afterall being that she was a Genin the Medical Techniques she did know she learned them herself. She nodded at Akane as she showed and told her the hand signs. It seemed easy enough but the real test was deciding which level of the jutsu to use as to not waste chakra.

Rain stepped backwards examining his cut. It seemed as if the bleeding had slowed down but was still coming out. To her it seemed the D-Ranked version of the technique would do just fine, especially since the area was already thin. She smiled at Daichi then nodded at Akane as she walked up on Daichi to get a closer look before making her final decision.

Rain quickly performed the Hare and Snake hand signs flawlessly. She placed her small hand over Daichi's forhead although she couldn't see it invisible chakra covered her hand. She closed her eyes as she awaited for the jutsu to complete. Typically when she was performing a new jutsu closing her eyes helped keep her calm and relaxed. Moments passed as she felt the jutsu nearing completion and upon removing her hand she noticed that she failed to completely bandage the entire cut.

She looked over to Akane with a puzzled look. Then it clicked, with also witg choosing the correct rank you also needed to apply the correct length bandage. "So typically do you use two hands for a majority of your healing techniques or do you have excellent chakra control where you can use it as an extension to keep a hand free?" She asked Akane with an inquiring expression on her face.

@Akane

Word Count: 306

As they continued their lesson, one of Daichi's hands had come up to take the place of Akane's hand and stopped the blood from flowing into his eyes. As they started to do some more testing on his arm, but this time it involved healing, he definitely didn't complain. He would watch as they did their thing, always being fascinated on watching the skills of any medic.

Posted (edited)

The red head snorted a little, stifling a bit of laughter. She had been holding out Daichi's arm as a test subject to try on first. She thought that it should have been the first to be healed, and that it was obvious by the way she had pointed at it. But the sky haired girl analyzed the other wound instead, and began the jutsu on Daichi's forehead. She had real medical style, considering the head wound was less damaging but harder for Daichi to see, in battle that would be the wound to go for first. Interestingly enough, the girl closed her eyes when doing the jutsu, and that, not her chakra, was the problem.

Akane shook her head and pointed carefully with her right hand, letting Daichi's arm go so that she could better direct the girl. "First, keep your eyes open. Don't get into the habit of using your eyes closed, you need to be alert to everything around you and alert to his wounds and your chakra. Focus less on your hands, and more on the cut. You're molding and manipulating your chakra to cover up the cut." Akane gestured and pointed a bit more, "See here, the chakra is too thick. You don't need the layer to be thick so much and if your eyes were open you would have seen that."

"Trust in your chakra and your eyes. Now, I can usually do it one handed after the seals, but sometimes I don't even need to use my hand. You actually don't even need to touch him once you get really good at it. I can place a chakra wrap up to 5m away if I wanted," Akane spoke like a teacher would, directing, not judging, encouraging, but not being so overtly nice that the girl would have made the same mistakes again. Closing her eyes? What was she thinking? "Try again, and make a nice even layer, about half the thickness of your pinky finger," the red head continued, wiggling her pinky finger as an example.

She pointed at Daichi's arm and added, "You do have two wounds to cover up and in combat you won't have the time to check your work. I suggest you keep practicing even after today. It will get easier."

WC So far: 1421 + 372 = 1793

Edited by Akane

Rain listened to Akane as she told her what she was doing wrong. It was good to see that she could catch her flaw and something so small made a huge difference. She nodded in agreement with Akane as she performed the hand signs as before placing her hand on Daichi's forehead but this time she kept her eyes open. It had successfully been bandaged. She took looked at his harm and began accessing which rank to perform.

She quickly peformed the Hare, Snake, and Tiger hand signs before touching the cut in his arm. This jutsu took a bit longer as it took slightly more chakra than the previous one she had performed. She took a step back away from Daichi grabbing his arm then looking at it.

"How's that" she asked turning to Akane looking for approval for a job well done. Rain smiled and knew that even if she did fail to apply  right one she had Akane to assist her and Daichi to practice on when he was free.

@Akane

Word Count: 172

Posted (edited)

Man, while it was definitely bad to be cut up and used for learning purposes, it felt just as good when everything started to get patched up. As his arm was grabbed, his eyes trailed over to the young medic who was training and began to take in her details a bit more. There was a chance that his life would one day be in this girl's hands, Akane could only ever be in one place at one time. His brows furrowed just faintly as his mind pursued that train of thought.

Edited by Daichi Uzumaki

Akane watched the girl's movements carefully and nodded. She pulled Daichi's arm up and inspected it with her own eyes. Then she lowered his arm again. The cuts were meant to be small and easily healed, and she gestured to the girl with her left hand, pointing between her and Daichi. "Well, looks like you got the gist of it. More practice and you will be able to do this without your hands on the cut someday. The chakra wrap does fade with time, but it is usually enough to get someone through a battle or a tough spot. I would let the jutsu fade out on its own to get an idea for how long it lasts, and then give him the regular first aid." The red haired female smirked and patted Daichi's shoulder.

"He can heal up on his own, never waste chakra. The cuts are small and good for practice, but don't underestimate the simple wealth of a real bandage." She looked over at Daichi and then stretched her arms over her head. Akane spoke to him in a quiet tone, though not minding if the girl whose name she had not learned yet, heard, "I think you can handle it from here. I am going to head off. If you need me to teach another technique or two, I'll be at home." Akane turned and gave a singular head bow to both of them and then stepped away, leaving the two.

[exit]

WC: 2032

Rain nodded once again in response to Akane as she gave her great information about medical jutsu and applying them at the correct time. "Yes I see" she replied back looking at the chakra bandages that were now covering Daichi's cuts. Rain stared at Daichi for several seconds replaying what she had previously did over and over in her mind. This was how she mastered things quickly without alot of hands on training, but she would need that training to have complete control of her chakra.

She smiled at both Akane and Daichi as she listened to her speaking before she left. Rain caught om every word and replied  back "Maybe I can teach you a  jutsu one day" ending it with a giggle. She admired Akane so much that to impress Rain meant alot. 

Rain would wave goodbye to them both going on home replaying the lesson repeatedly in her head. One day Rain was going to become the Head Medic of the Flame Village and nothing was going to stop her.

//Exit

TAGS: @Akane  @Daichi Uzumaki

Wordcount: 171

Total Wordcount: 1.360

Learned Chakra Wrap Jutsu

Medical Spec. Beginner->Novice

Edited by Jigokuchō
1 person likes this