Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Yoshinori

Sake from Raisaki Village [Plot]

1 post in this topic

Posted (edited)

Yoshinori would hear the deeply-concerned gasps of those around him as the awestruck crowds attempted to find out what was currently taking place--whispers gradually circulating throughout the air as many guesses were made, both educated and otherwise. Yoshinori himself however, would be no different as he attempted to piece together the situation with help from any sign of gossip, though with so many voices only contributing to the confusion, this would inevitably lead to no avail. The bustling streets of Hikaen Village were usually filled with conversation of all sorts, however today, things seemed different... Packed masses of people would be huddled around what looked to be a large hospital--a towering testament to the Flame's resolve to protect it's blossoming village. Initially smiling at the thought, the expression would quickly subside as Yoshinori came across an unsettling thought. For some reason, the hospital seemed almost desolate, as though completely evacuated. This certainly explained the crowds, Yoshinori would think to himself, though that doesn't explain why this happened... Temporarily glimpsing away from the building of concrete and glass, Yoshinori looked around. A few shinobi seemed to be planning out some sort of strategy, though from the anxiousness seen in their faces, they couldn't have possibly came up with any desirable solutions. In the midst of a chaotic frenzy and without any answers, Yoshinori sought to discover whatever was happening for himself as he took the initiative to venture into the strangely-abandoned hospital. He could've sworn someone had called out for him, though more than likely, it was simply random background noise.

As he walked toward the building, Yoshinori would have a calm demeanor, partially because he had yet to experience anything--though mainly it would be because he expected nothing out of the ordinary; after all, at his age, he would be more or less accustomed to carrying out missions such as this, though even so, there would also be the hint of caution in the event he was ultimately wrong. A chilling breeze would hit him as he began to take his first steps into the building, causing what little hairs on his skin to stand on end. As one would expect, just as with the outside, the interior of the building would be fairly modern as an almost endless corridor would lead into opened rooms of simple, white stucco and a single light which shined rays of pure white light out into the halls. Walking further, the building would be void of any sound with the sole exception of his footsteps which bounced off the wall in loud echoes. In the otherwise silent hospital, Yoshinori would be left to his thoughts. I should've thought to ask what was happening before deciding to walk in here.... Though then again, there were too many villagers to ask any one person. Let's just hope I'll find out something soon, he would think, though these thoughts of anticipation wouldn't last long.

Something had suddenly pulled him out of his thoughts... A sound, almost like that of an animal... More specifically, a dog. His ears now attuned fully to where it might be coming from, Yoshinori listened attentively to the increasing sounds of the eerily-vicious howls as they would disturb what little peace was around him. From those alone, Yoshinori could at least sense a strong intent to kill.... Though they would be accompanied by something else even more nerve-racking than the howling of a beast. Walking further, Yoshinori would hear a sound louder than the first--the piercing cry of a woman. The thought that someone in the village was being harmed and tormented with literally every second he waited--every minuscule step he took, only fueled him in his effort to find the culprit. The plea for help prompted Yoshinori to hastily check through each door, though he retained a cool flow of thoughts while doing so. Why hasn't anyone tried to apprehend the guy..? You'd think with so many people outside this could have been settled with ease... Though then again, I suppose they are at least planning something now and that's good enough in itself, right..?

As the screams grew louder, Yoshinori could have been sure he checked most of the doors throughout the immense hospital corridor of rooms, though a single sound--a thud, seemingly sufficed to make him to believe otherwise. You would think someone's heartbeat couldn't possibly be elevated so high, though just this would happen for Yoshinori as he slowly began to turn towards the sound. On the ground behind him, lay a body of what seemed to be a shinobi; the man wearing a flak jacket reminiscent to that of the Flame Village's attire. Though shocked as one would be under the current circumstances, he somehow managed to have a calm mind while dozens of thoughts attempted to cross it at an almost incomprehensible pace. As he would slowly step over the Flame shinobi's corpse and enter the room nearby, he noticed a shining piece of metal... A small dagger..? No, no that couldn't be it.... Yoshinori wasn't much a medical expert though it looked to be a scapel--fresh blood staining it's blade as it was now lodged in the neck of the guy he had stepped over. As of current, he would be standing in the room which housed the source of everyone's concerns.

Getting a quick glimpse around the room, Yoshinori would notice nothing warranting too much attention: the room itself being no different from the hundreds of other hospital rooms in the building...  A drapery of linen curtains concealing a small set of recently-cleaned windows, a modest bed, and a small, stainless-steel trolley supporting what looked to be standard medical equipment. As he would began to look around further however, there seemed to be something else which would abruptly plague him with fear--well other than the shinobi with a scalpel in his neck. Crouched on the floor of the room's center would lie an elderly man, shakily-wielding a tool of some sort, most-likely grabbed impulsively from the nearby trolley, though this wouldn't be Yoshinori's only worry... Next to him would lie a nurse-turned-hostage who looked to be in her twenties at most; her locks of hair swaying from side-to-side as she would desperately attempt to struggle free. Out of their sight, Yoshinori would try to think of something. Should I just attack him...? I'm sure he'd be less of a priority more than the girl anyways... Though what if I'm wrong? Hmm... Maybe I could think of something real quick... anything at all.... now maybe...?

With thinking completely thrown out of the window, Yoshinori would opt to instead talk and see what would happen from there. Revealing himself to the two, Yoshinori would try his best to affably wave his hand in an attempt to ease the old man's visible nervousness.... Though this would eventually fail to work too as a large hound could be seen, slowly peaking it's head from underneath the hospital bed--a frothy foam of white gradually dripping from it's mouth as it angrily grimaced with a devilish grin of sharp teeth. Alongside the faithful (albeit equally terrifying) companion, would stand the old man as he still managed to hold the distraught nurse at knifepoint; both hostage and captor remaining confused all the same, regardless of one actually wielding a weapon. After an awkward amount of silence however, it would be only a matter of time before it was broken by the surprisingly innocent voice of the man.

"That shinobi on the ground... Did I kill him..? W-Wait, who are you... And how did I get here..?"

The sincere tone of his voice would certainly catch Yoshinori off guard, with him contemplating on how to handle the elderly man's questions all at once and even more importantly, how to handle a guy who would seemingly be unaware of the ensuing danger surrounding not only the woman, but himself as well. As he would take a calming deep breath, Yoshinori attempted to allow the words to reach his incognizant opponent. "Well, I'd assume it was you who killed him... Though why would you do something like this?" As the man would begin to loosen his grip on the nurse, he carefully prepared a response before focusing his attention onto Yoshinori, presumably lost for words. "I-I'm not sure... Though I think it was because of my wife..."

"Your wife?" Yoshinori would retort, now fully immersed in the reasoning behind such a fragile, old man's attempt at accomplishing something so terribly unrealistic.

"She disappeared a few years ago, though I just know she's around Hikaen Village, waiting for me...." The old man would quickly pause to allow a short, jovial chuckle. "In fact, she's probably sipping that sake she likes so much... I think it came from Raisaki... Raisaki Village of Hokkyoku Point, if I remember correctly.." As he would look up at the hospital ceiling, led astray into a world of past memories, Yoshinori continued.

"What do you think happened to her." 

He would attempt to say this as naively as possible, regardless of the fact that he had already deduced the cause of her disappearance. His smile fading, the man would now don a stern face before shedding some light on the questionable circumstances. "Well, I've heard rumors that I killed her... That I turned into a monstrous werewolf and just.... Killed her, though that can't be true... I'd never do something like that. I can't do something like that." This conversation alone would be enough for a now-sympathetic Yoshinori. Attempting to console the weeping man, Yoshinori would walk closer towards him as the guy had once again reaffirmed his grip on the nurse.... 

A loud noise would soon dominate the room, and as the sound of a rage-fueled growl engulfed everything in sight, the dog began inching closer towards Yoshinori. Just as he thought the man had finally settled down, he too would soon follow suit, before speaking once again; albeit in a muffled manner. "You know what monk? I think I know what I want. I'll find my wife, but after waiting so long, you'd think she'd deserve some sort of reward.... Maybe if I capture you too, then I can get at least 10,000 ryō and maybe even buy that sake.... You know, the kind from Raisaki Village." The room would have been too cramped for the disastrous fight which would soon take place and speeding down the hall, Yoshinori awaited the presence of the once frail old man and his companion.

Suddenly an explosion of wood and plaster would cause clouds of  splinters and dust to be shot throughout the corridor. The dust gradually subsiding after some time, in it's place would be gargantuan monster.... Almost like some sort of two headed werewolf. Though he didn't know every single aspect of their history, with the Inuzuka being a prominent clan of the Flame, it wouldn't be hard to tell what had been used--the Inuzuka Style: Rare Beast Transformation.

As the fifteen-foot duo's muscles had tensed up in preparation for another attack, Yoshinori would see the pinnacle of the Inuzuka's unique fighting style in the form of the technique--the only downside being the profuse amounts of drool which constantly dripped from their mouth while in the form, and this slippery saliva coupled with their somewhat obvious illnesses made for some difficult obstacles as they even struggled to walk as a single unit. Their suffering and near-pointless resolves of finding the old man's wife wouldn't last for long however and in a few moments, the fight would come to a close.

While the dog and owner, still in their form, would begin to launch themselves through the air as a drilling mass of claws, Yoshinori would think up a way to stop the Piercing Fang attack from tearing him to pieces. The beast still making it's way towards him, Yoshinori weaved four handsigns before carrying out the Fire Release: Great Dragon Fire Technique. As the compressed chakra within his stomach was exhaled, a barrage of flames manifested in the form of a dragon, barrelling down the hall... Before eventually clashing with the elderly man and his dog. Assuming the nurse stayed in the room, she would have been out of it's path and the mission therefore deemed accomplished.

(WC: 2,026 Words)
(2,026/2,000 Words Towards: B-Rank Plot)

Edited by Yoshinori