Nickito

Charming A Couple Of Snakes [Private/Mission]

6 posts in this topic

Mission Name | Bandit Duo
Mission Type | Water Village
Ranking | B
Repeatable? | Yes
Mission NPCs | 2 C Rank bandits
Mission Description | There are two bandits who have camped out on the Mizumura Coast. One bandit is strong in Taijutsu, the other is strong in Bukijutsu. Locate them and defeat them before they can stage any more robberies.
Word Count | 1000 Words
Requirements | N/A

@Tenri

"I suppose a B Ranked mission is as good a way to get to know a person as any other," Junnosuke said to himself. His eyes skimmed over the briefing as he stood, waiting with his ever present smile.

It had been made known to the village proper that two bandits had taken up residence -- if it could be called that -- somewhere along the coast of Mizumura. There had been a string of robberies going up and down the shoreline, and until recently there had been no witnesses. The most recent burglary, however, had taken place much closer to the bridge than any of the others had.

"Must have gotten cocky, or maybe they wanted a bit of excitement," Junn mused. Whatever the reason, they had been careless enough that the guards were alerted and a group was sent to investigate. They were, unfortunately, dispatched quite easily. Still, the descriptions they provided were extremely valuable, as was the knowledge that the assailants were capable of taking out the village guards.

They were two figures of equal height. One fought with a series of strikes throws while the other made use of a variety of weapons. Their genders were unknown, but that didn't matter much -- a criminal was a criminal, after all. The only real thing they had had to go on as far as identifying them was that the taijutsu fighter had had long hair that brushed against the struck-down guards, and the bukijutsu user had mainly utilized small, hard to see darts. It certainly wasn't the most information to go on, but at least it would give Junnosuke and his partner something to start with.

All he had to do now was to wait for her.

WC: 286/1000

Edited by Nickito

tumblr_n19wsdhN3F1sw5ioco2_500.gif.85a5f1a6225dbd5c8b071e481bea6f7c.gif

TENRI TERUMI
         "WHAT GOOD IS BEAUTY
             IF YOU DON'T EVEN USE                 IT?"

CURRENT MISSION: Mission 1. | Mission 2.
➟ wordcount: 000 / 000
REQ wordcount: 1700

| Mizumura Coast. The ever present scourge of the Water Country. Tenri had traversed the sandy beach lines on numerous occasion in the past, both for business and pleasure but as of late her presence within the region had become a rather common circumstance. She had grown to hate the salt-winded region, its reputation had become somewhat invalidating in the weeks that had passed since she was last there. It seemed every mission as of late required her to travel to the coast and deal with some form of criminal or another and the assignments had started to irritate the blonde woman. Mizumura was not that far secluded from the main Village, in fact, it was only divided by a small body of water and a wooden bridge. Tenri could not quite contemplate the reasoning behind why the Coast had become a popular tourist spot for the countries criminal inhabitants and quite frankly she did not care. As long as she earned her coin and got to kill a few people that were all that mattered. 

A heavy gust had picked up during her trek across the wooden bridge that connected Mizumura's Coast to the Main Village, it's caress would cause the blonde beauty's long locks of hair to dance wildly in the winds embrace. Ever the fashionista,  on this day Tenri donned her usual attire that consisted of all shades of black, an attire that left very little to the imagination. With the gait of a Lioness, Tenri prowled toward her to be partner, another man she would judge based on his proficiency during their mission. She hated the weak and even more, she hated men. This man would have to earn her respect and that in itself was a mission all on its own. ''And whom might you be young cub?'' the amber-skinned woman would say, her neck slightly craned upward. For once she was not taller than her male companion, a rarity considering all the previous men she had worked alongside she'd managed to tower, especially given the added height her heels provided her.

At first, Junnosuke had thought the woman was speaking to another person, but as he glanced around he realized that her words must be directed towards him -- there was nobody else around save for a handful of guards, and they were definitely out of earshot. He surmised that she was likely the shinobi he had been paired with.

"Oh, hello!" he exclaimed. His smile was so large that his eyes were forced into a squint, so for a brief moment it was difficult to actually make out the woman's features. "It's nice to meet you, I'm Junn -- Junn Shimizu!" He extended his hand towards her in greeting, letting the smile a bit loose so that his eyes blue-grey could open. "What's your name?"

As he spoke, he examined her face, wondering if she might be someone that he recognized. She was certainly attractive, but what most caught his eye was the quality of her hair; even with the wind whipping around, he thought it very lovely. As another gust blew past, he raked his free hand through his own tresses to mitigate whatever messiness the wind might have caused. Perhaps she could give him a couple of tips sometime.

The same hand reached back into his pouch to pull out the report he'd been given, and present it to his comrade neatly folded. "These are the mission details in case you haven't seen them yet. It shouldn't be too difficult of a mission, they were able to take out the guards but it's not like they maimed them. I figure the hardest part will be tracking them down!" He smiled even as he spoke, and he began to wonder if he was maybe a bit too eager to do well. As of yet, the only friend he'd made was Kazuo and the two had spoken in several days.

"So, shall we head out and start looking?"

WC: 286 + 314 = 600/1000

TENRI TERUMI
         "WHAT GOOD IS BEAUTY

CURRENT MISSION: *

Tenri had never been one for small talk, the only instance she'd even allowed it to interrupt a mission was when she'd been partnered alongside the dark-haired beast of a man named Kazuo. Oh, she liked him now but their original relationship had been unsteady and had quite closely border lined hatred. During their time she had displayed weakness, an error she would not soon repeat with this boy-cub. The crimson hues of her gaze would snake across the boy with uncertainty. He appeared younger than she and while she had no reason to doubt his skills, she had decided she'd call him Cub for the remainder of the mission. Tenri could not help but be appealed by the boys good looks and his hairline had been his most distracting feature. A smirk would cross the blondes plump lips as she focused upon his baby-face 'a boy like this would have fetched a beautiful price once he came of age. He was wise to choose this line of work. The life of a courtesan would have chewed this boy up and spat him back out' the golden woman would think to herself.

Tenri's eyes would land on the boy's hand before she finally took it in her own and shook it in greeting ''It's a pleasure to meet you young Cub. I am Tenri. Tenri Terumi.'' she'd reply with a honeyed tone. A small chuckle would escape the woman's lips as the boy produced a small file, her hand would raise in a halting motion ''Never mind that cub, I'm already debriefed on the situation. We're here to take out two rogue bandits. Finding them will not be an issue. I know where they'd be'' the woman would stop mid-sentence to scan her watch ''at this time.'' she'd finish abruptly. 

With a sensual flick of her fingers, Tenri would signal the boy to follow as she lead the way onto the sandy beach before them ''Are you aware of Brawlers Cove young cub?'' Tenri would ask as they walked. While the boy was young of an age she was not sure if he was aware of the underground organizations that littered The Country of Water. Few did, but that was only through simple rumors. ''You see, here on Mizumura's Coast, there is a large cave hidden amongst the sand dunes. They call it the Brawlers Cove as those who frequent it attend for one simple reason. To fight.'' the woman would say casually as she stepped over a small crab that had crawled toward her ''Brawlers Cover was founded on the criminals foundations between different Mobs. It was a way for each group to sort out their differences without starting all our wars and to avoid unnecessary bloodshed. With Mizumura now in a new age, many of these organizations have been shut down and taken out thanks to the Mizukage and Shinobi alike.'' She'd add as she winked at Junn teasingly. ''Nowadays Brawlers Cove is no more than a simple fighters ring where criminals gather to both fight and gamble to pass the time. That my little cub is where our targets will be. Tonight is the night Brawlers Cover is usually overcrowded. If they're anywhere, it'd be there'' she'd finish. 

A smile would creep across the blonde dame's face as she finished, the things she had said were true but the only reason she knew of this due to her own involvement in the festivities. She had frequented the establishment from her youth and often participated in the fun. Of course, she was no fool, all traces of her Shinobi life had remained hidden which was why what she did next had to be done. Tenri would cut Junns Ninja headband from him and throw it into the sand below, soon followed by removing her own. The blonde woman would then pile sand over the top before her gaze would land upon Junn ''Sorry to say but we won't get in if were Shinobi. Once we reach the entrance just follow my lead. Once we finish the mission you can have your headband back but upon entry, you will be searched. They find this on you then were both in the shi*'' the blonde woman would say before continuing on. They still had a fair trek before they arrived at their destination which would give Junn a good amount of time to respond.

Edited by Tenri

Anyone else might have been put off by this woman's strange mannerisms -- the way she called him cub, or the air that circulated about her like a timid storm that was about to become a hurricane -- but Junnosuke was not. Well, not entirely. There were many people in the slums who seemed a bit off whether it be due to mental illness or an inherent eccentricity, so he'd grown up around it and to him, it was just a different type of normal. He finished shaking her hand without issue.

The folded paper, however, was neatly tucked back into his pouch immediately. By the time he'd looked back up Tenri was on the move, motioning for the young cub himself to follow along. And like a cub, his ears were trained on the sound of her voice, listening as she spoke about the underground fighting and the history of the criminal organizations. Though he had only been a kid and not exactly a part of anyone's inner circle, he knew all too well the lengths that people involved with the syndicates were willing to go to to be on top. Betrayal, sabotage, removal of another party entirely; Junnosuke wasn't sure about thieves, but he was certain of the fact that there had been little honor, if any, among criminals like his father when it came to getting what they wanted.  Money was a given, but more often than not it was power and status; earning respect through fear and wresting the authority to enforce it.

"Brawler's Cove... I can't say I have, though as far as the underground goes I've been out of the loop for quite a while," he said sheepishly as he jogged up alongside her. "Even when I was in it, I wasn't really in it." It had thankfully been a longer time than he'd expected since he'd had anything to do with that world and those types of people, and so he wasn't quite as aware of the goings on as he had once been -- not that he was very aware in the first place. He was grateful that his return would see him on the opposite side of things. "Besides, I sort of get the feeling that a place like that may have been above the slums. I can't imagine the syndicates would send just anyone to represent their interests in a place like that."

"Still, I'm surprised they were able to adhere to any sort of moral code, if you can even call it that." He shrugged and laughed, the smile that accompanied only widening with Tenri's wink. The barest hint of a blush was visible on his cheeks, and though he was highly aware of its existence he hadn't the faintest clue as to why it was there. "But anyways," he said, clearing his throat when the words didn't come out all too well, "if you're positive that that's where we'll find them, I'll trust your instinct. It'll be interesting to see, at the very least."

The deftness with which she cut Junn's headband away surprised him more than the act itself. She was quick, and it seemed rather accurate with a knife -- he hadn't even had time to begin undoing it himself. "I could have just taken it off," he said with an awkward laugh. "I know you see me as a... Cub, right? But they didn't let me become a ninja because I was incapable." He grinned reassuringly as he helped to cover the pieces of cloth and metal in the sand. "Plus, you did just tell me quite a thorough history of Brawler's Cove, I'd assumed they wouldn't take too kindly to ninja," he added with a wink of his own.

Once they were sufficiently covered and in a place where they wouldn't have difficulty retrieving them, Junn set off under the assumption that Tenri would come along. He pointed himself in the direction of a majority of sand dunes, but stopped when he realized something very important -- he had no idea where this place was, or even how to find it. He quickly turned back to Tenri and cocked his head to the side.

"Soooooo," he began, squinting playfully. "You seem to know a bunch about this place, eh?" He stepped closer, cursing the sand that worked its way into his sandals despite his best efforts. "I won't ask how... Yet, anyway. But I feel like you probably know where it is and what the best way to get there is, so instead of making myself look foolish by trying to find it myself, I think I'm going to defer to you." The admittedly long winded combination of question and declaration ended with a playful and incredibly ironic bow.

"So, if you would be so kind...?" he asked after a brief moment, rising back up to his full height. "Perhaps we can talk a bit on the way. Come up with a strategy, get to know each other, build up some of that spirit of team work," he said, another sheepish smile plastered across his face.

WC: 600 + 847 = 1447 (damn, so close to 1337)

TENRI TERUMI
         "WHAT GOOD IS BEAUTY

CURRENT MISSION: *

Tenri found that the concise walk with Junn had been considerably informative. At the very least he was not naive. Clearly, the young man was aware of the real threat Mizumura's Criminal Underground posed to the innocent men and woman of the Water Country and the fact he had been so open to trusting her of all people with the information regarding his own involvement had astounded the blonde-beast to no end. She could not say she trusted the young cub enough to divulge her own secrets yet but something about the boy made her feel like perhaps she could. Trust was not something she gave without thought and in turn Information.

In their line of work, information was a dangerous weapon to those who knew how to utilize it and while their Village suggested they were comrades simply by being citizens of the same Country, that was not the way Tenri saw the world. Such ideologies had never sat well with the blonde dame. Why should she place her trust in people she barely knew? People who expected her loyal and obedience simply because of their status?. It had been a lesson taught to her in her past and the teachings had kept her alive this long, she saw no reason to change her views.  At least not at this point in time.

After listening to the boy a light smirk would span the blonde dame's lips. She liked him well enough and even though her character came off as hostile he still seemed unphased by her mannerisms, something that was a rarity when she interacted with others. Perhaps she could impart some of her past to the boy. ''The slums? I would not have pegged you for a child of the slums. I was raised there myself and while the times have changed the slums remain as they always have. A hunting ground of the weak and innocent preyed upon by the corrupt.'' the woman would say, an agitated tone to her voice. It was a sore subject for her to say the least. All her recent missions in the slums she had seen no improvement in the districts state. If anything they had worsened in recent years. ''You speak of the syndicate as if you've had previous involvement in their inner circle. Judging by your age I'd assume you were born into it? Perhaps your parents were somehow involved?'' Tenri would add smugly. She would not question the boy further regarding his parentage, it was not her business to pry.

A chuckle would escape the woman's lips as she watched Junn cover their Ninja Bands ''Forgive me for being brash Cub, In truth, I don't work well with others and unless I can be sure the job will be done correctly, I'll normally force my hand. I mean no offense to your skills as a Shinobi, we are the same ranking. Not to mention it takes some considerable skill to survive the Slums'' the would say lightly tapping Junn upon the back. In the back of her mind, a motherly urge had taken its course, while their age differed very little Tenri could not help but feel a paternal protectiveness over the boy. She may have been young in body but her mind and soul were years ahead. The blonde dame would smirk as she followed Junn, she was aware he had no clue where they were headed but she couldn't bring herself to deflate his pride further by mentioning it allowed. Instead, she'd allowed him to determine that for himself before finally he allowed her to take the lead once more. ''You were headed in the correct general direction Cub, so fear not'' she'd say gently.

Rising over a large mound of sand that stretched for miles Tenri would lead the pair toward a set of jagged rocks that sprouted from the sandy water's edge. The rocks held no real significance other than marking the way point toward their destination. They were Indeed getting close. ''I know my fair share of things regarding this country young Cub, I won't tell you any more than that for now. Survive the Night and I might be willing to impart a few of my secrets with you. Our pasts may be more closely connected than you realize'' the woman would smirk mockingly. There was truth to her words, Tenri could not help but feel they shared a common bond. The fact Junn had lived within the Slums and helped to concrete that fact.

After walking another mile the sandy terrain would begin turning brown, the ground beneath their feet had turned to dirt. Just up ahead sat the entrance into Brawlers Cove, a large cave attached to a massive cliffside. A large wooden door convened at the entrance of the cave while two hulking men stood either side. While the cave itself was large, the region surrounding it looked abnormal for the Mizumura Coast as if Shinobi using Ninjutsu had crafted the area. Tenri knew there was truth to that fact, Brawlers Cove never remained in one place too long or risk being caught by Shinobi of Mizumura. Thus every few weeks the cave and its surroundings would be shifted to another location entirely in order for the establishment to remain secret. 

Tenri would halt and pull Junn to the side, he was right. The two needed to get to know one another a little before entering willingly into the Lions Den. ''So young Cub, what skills do you possess? I can assume as a fighter you have some skills and while age plays no part I want to be sure your head will be in the game. Entering the establishment is the easy part, it's how we want to proceed from there is where it gets complicated. There are a few ways we can go about taking out our targets. The first is I can enter us into the festivities and I can rig the matches so we face off against our targets in the first fight. The second is an assassination ploy.'' the woman would say, her fingers tapping her chin in thought. ''This is unlike me and I might regret this later but what do YOU want to do Cub?'' Tenri would add, a huff to her tone. It was true, Tenri had never been one to share the reigns with another but she still couldn't shake her motherly tendencies.

➟ OOC | Lol I gave up on WC a long time ago. You're doing great though ^-^!