Elendril

Tier System

6 posts in this topic

Tier System

What is a Tier:  A tier is a row of levels placed upon one another, now maybe you are wondering how that works here on SG. As we will have a total of 6 main tiers, these being equal to the ranks of ninjas. Meaning there is a D rank To X rank tier.

What is my Tier?:  Now every ninja is at default tier for their rank in all stats, meaning that if you start off as a D rank, all your stats start out at D1 and you get a set amount of points to distribute to your stats. Once this is done they cant be changed. As the only way for one to increase their stat tier levels is by jutsu or items, as tier points can only be gained through rank up.

Tier Points: Now what are tier points, these are the points in the Tier . EX. We have a D rank Genin who is at D2 speed and D4 strength. This means that he has 1 tier point in speed and 3 in strength. Now this means the Genin is stronger than the average Genin but still not a C rank as each tier goes up to level 5 meaning that any given tier may go up to 5 before reaching the next level ( Ex you have a Genin with a Strength tier of D4, and he uses a jutsu to boost his strength by 2 sub tiers bringing him to C2. C being the next level of tier.

How do I get tier Points: Now your Main tier level is equal to your base rank meaning your base tier will always be equal to your letter rank, but your tier points are dependent on you  As each ninja regardless of rank will have a set amount of points to distribute. This mean s that tier points cant be trained and once your points have been set the only way to increase the tier of a stat is by jutsu or item.

Posted (edited)

This almost seems close to the previous stat system (before ranks alone were utilized) in which numbers were incorporated to further add a bit of distinction between, for instance, people of the same rank. While heavily successful in doing this, the system arguably had complications of its own.

While I could be wrong, wouldn't you essentially be asking to revert back to a variation of that system with a few minor changes (just asking for clarification)?

Edited by Yoshinori

Yes for the most part it is similar to the old system, but i ittend to take dodging away from the speed stat as well as this system is to be capped meaning people cant just spend all their time training speed and avoid every attack 

18 hours ago, Elendril said:

but i ittend to take dodging away from the speed stat

Bro xD I keep telling you, dodging was NEVER in the speed stat. Speed stat is running speed, strictly.

I like the idea except for having to reply on putting points into stats. I was working on a system and rather than increasing stat points you were placed within a bracket which allowed you to run faster, hit harder at higher tiers.

Someone with a C-Rank and a sub-ranking of C (C-C) would be weaker than someone capped at at C-Rank (C-S) but be weaker than a B-Rank with each sub-rank being C though S. So at max capped level you could be S-S (which also shows the difference in someone that completely "mastered" versus someone being a novice S-RAnk  (S-C)

1 hour ago, Jigokuchō said:

I like the idea except for having to reply on putting points into stats. I was working on a system and rather than increasing stat points you were placed within a bracket which allowed you to run faster, hit harder at higher tiers.

Someone with a C-Rank and a sub-ranking of C (C-C) would be weaker than someone capped at at C-Rank (C-S) but be weaker than a B-Rank with each sub-rank being C though S. So at max capped level you could be S-S (which also shows the difference in someone that completely "mastered" versus someone being a novice S-RAnk  (S-C)

I like this; I feel this is a definite compromise. It prevents people of the same rank from always being equal, yet destroys the idea of people distributing their stats to wreck other members (and also stops math). @Nuitari Kouga @Suijin Umiken

2 people like this